Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Need test - possible plane bug-

Tandel

I took a spit mk vb up to any (around 6k) alt, rolled into a steep dive back towards the ground. The altimeter HAS to go all the way around once and then back to at LEAST 14 for this bug to happen.

Basically when you hit this speed, when you try to make a left or right correction, the axis is flipped.

I.E. trying to turn right makes it turn left, and trying to turn left makes it turn right. Any other speed below 14 gets the normal left to left and right to right.

The up and down (pull back, and push forward on the joysticks) still work the same.

I took a spit mk vb up to any (around 6k) alt, rolled into a steep dive back towards the ground. The altimeter HAS to go all the way around once and then back to at LEAST 14 for this bug to happen.

Basically when you hit this speed, when you try to make a left or right correction, the axis is flipped.

I.E. trying to turn right makes it turn left, and trying to turn left makes it turn right. Any other speed below 14 gets the normal left to left and right to right.

The up and down (pull back, and push forward on the joysticks) still work the same.

i don't know if they deliberately modeled this or not - but didn't spits suffer from this as a RL problem? too much stress/speed and the axis essentially flipped due to the gull wing design.

At modestly high speed in dives early Spitfires suffered aileron reversal, where moving the stick left rolled the plane right and moving it right rolled the plane left. This is modeled on our Spitfires in game, most noticed on the Mk.I and II, on the Mk.V it's reduced in total effect (different ailerons to the Mk.I and II) but aileron response is still able to reversed at very high speeds in dives.

The problem was caused by the eliptical wing twisting at high speed in dives which warped the hinge point for the ailerons and altered the mechanical relationship of the control horns linkage to the ailerons.

So you are discovering correct functionality.