Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Focus Test Wed 10 to 3 - Infantry vcache

GOPHUR

Today's test is primarily an infantry fight focused on testing infantry vcache. Combined arms are welcome to attend.

Players should turn on infnantry vcache by typing ".vcache on" in the chat bar.

Vcache is a new system of storing player data and models that fall off of the vis list for easier return. This should result in less CPU usage shich is good for all but especially for stutter reduction.

Note that there is a chat spam for prone infantry that is very annoying. We may have a hot fix out for this during the test.

Also please spend some time giving feedback on the stickies in this forum. Pay particular attention to :

Infantry Combat Stance and Eyeheights

Feedback - New Capture Changes

When does it show up to log in? it's 15 after :) Dallas is Central DST right?

Forgive me if I am in error, but I think the time period

ran from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.

so how did this test go? I was in for a while but didn't notice any FPS diff when I had vcache on/off. There were periods of suddenly low fps, almost like the stutter you get when flying over a large battle.