Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Beta Test Feedback

Kyfox

There were a number of white filled in areas in particular at the base of AI towers, ground and on occasion the river. Trees and greenery graphics were very good. At times it was difficult to see other players the uniforms seemed to blend in to whatever their surroundings, even Axis players their grey uniforms seemed green. I was killed a lot by what appeared to be invisible EI, no shots, sounds or anything. All in all a good experience.

Seemed to be a lot of stuff invisible:

Church walls in West Roermond (church in destroyed state);

Laffy set as MSP in depot became invisible after about 10 minutes;

Getting hit by LMG fire, but no sound or tracer;

Also, difficult to prove, but I suspect some EI were invisible as well. Also, friendly player tags missing from minimap.

A couple issues:

There was a large area south of Roermond where the ground texture blanked out (looked like snow) depending on the angle viewed from. As I rotated my view the texture would flash out and back in).

At one point I lost all sight of other players (both friend and foe). I don't think it was just the friendly tags I couldn't see because I saw no one at all in an area that should have been crawling with slimy allies =o). I walked out into the open to find out if they could see me... they could. =o( I checked to make sure I didn't accidentally turn tags off.

All seemed to be smooth, didn't notice much stuttering and warps (in general this has been much better in 3.1 beta than in 3.0 campaign, a major issue with close enemy). But I suppose this may change when it goes live and there are a lot more players.

I don't know if .vcache made things better, but it didn't hurt none.

My frame rate seemed to range from 30 to 45 that I noticed.

Going to be a winner, well done smarmy rats =o)

Sasquach

These missing texture issues should be resolved in latest build.

Wow o1d. First post really?

Thanks for testing. I appreciate it.