Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

FPS drop in free standing bush #3971

MOTORMOUTH

Had a steady 40+FPS in Roermond most of the test. Ran into one of the 6' high free standing bushes and instantly had FPS drop to 1. Waited for about 15-20 seconds to see if it would come back but it never did. As soon as I stepped out of the bush, FPS jumped back to 45. Turned to look at it, dropped down to 1 again. Tried this with several of them, same thing.

The berms with bushes along drop my FPS by about half, but this was different.

can you try getting in the smaller bushes that look like the big one, they are technically the same bush just bigger. :) No more poly's or textures just resized so you can fit a truck in em since we shrunk all the others.

Similar experience at Roermond. Didn't notice exactly what "type" of bushes they were. I was getting 30 - 50fps, but as I ran into some of the bushes the framerate crashed to about 6fps. However, it seemed to recover within about 5 seconds, although that may have been because I was movving around and not standing still in the middle of the bush.

I have noticed on many occasions that my Vid Card fan starts up when I enter a bush. Not all the time, but if it does, it's when I entered a bush.

It's almost never on, so when it spins up, I notice.

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....
The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

I was noticing the same thing, and this wasn't happening up until the recent updates (back 3 or 4 patches ago I was one of the few that wasn't receiving FPS loss from bushes/trees, now its just as bad as everyone else.)

I dint notic any FPS drops in bushs.

have you tray and see if you get same fps drop offline?

I have a old ati 4890 and a i7 cpu..

Had the same thing in beta again last night, and even more severe. I will see if I can find the haunted bush in offline and get a location for it.

*EDIT* No luck. I can't replicate it either offline or online. The strange thing is, I've been back to Tourcoing where I first noticed it, and I am sure I can find the exact same bush. In any case, I've run in and out of every bush in a 400m radius !! I get a bit of a dip in fps, but nothing unexpected. I can't replicate the "running into a brick wall" stutter I had before.

Edited by peegee77