Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.31.0.37 Bug List

ghostrider

In 1.31.038, off-line training area there is a target post with some runaway artwork that extends the length of the rifle range.

@ 60.3.15N 6.32.36W

SShot1.jpg

SShot2.jpg

ghostrider
In 1.31.038, off-line training area there is a target post with some runaway artwork that extends the length of the rifle range.

@ 60.3.15N 6.32.36W

i can confirm this but you can only see if when above and behind the target

ghostrider

52. Anti-tank rifles do not leave "skeletons". ATRs fall through the ground after the infantry carrying them dies.

53. French SMGs change colors from when they are being held in a live infantry's hands to when they fall to the floor when that infantry is shot.

54. If a direct hit to enemy infantry is scored with the British or German rifle grenades than there is almost no collateral damage. Enemy infantry standing next to the infantry thats been hit will be unharmed and the grenadier who fired the grenade will be unharmed if he is standing very close.

ghostrider

In reference to Bug #49; I've been able to reproduce this in places other than Cambrai. Oostende for example.

ghostrider

55. Gun smoke and dust kick ups do not follow gun positioning correctly.

88backfire.jpg

The smoke from the barrel does not move in relation to the gun's firing position. This same effect was observed with every "large" gun I tested. This included the main guns of tanks like the Tiger or the churchill. Also in a similar fashion the dust kicked up from the gun always moves from the front to back of the hull without regard to the positioning of the gun.

ghostrider

56. Description for the Pz.3F is wrong; says that it has only 2 7.92mm machine guns when it in fact has 3 machineguns

57. MG muzzle flash fire from the Somua is not visible when viewed at certain angles...especially from directly in front of the MG

58. Unbuttoned Commander in the Panhard does not rotate when his view is panned

Edited by ghostrider

ghostrider

Any chance of getting some type of CRS acknowledgment, verification or status on these bugs?

59. Another bug.. Surprised no one has reported this yet unless it just came with the latest beta version but destroyer main guns are completely borked.

Zoomed view is upside down and does not match where the guns are actually pointing either.

destroyermainguns.jpg

Edited by ghostrider

.59 is only an issue when you set range under 50m, which is a known bug but as these guns are useless at such a range it won't be a high priority to fix.

As for the other 58 bugs listed, good work in reporting them but we can't respond personal feedback on a list that big in a single thread. 2 of us with other tasks as well are managing the whole Q&A thing here and that means hundreds of items.

As we ticket and deal with each issue we give it a thread of it's own.

thanks for reporting what you find

ghostrider

on #59 tho, my range is at the default setting i think; its reading 650m

I couldn't replicate them that way in .38 ... I can get the "point straight up at the sky" deal at really short ranges (50m or less) but they have always done that since 2001. As soon as you set the range at a usable distance they work correctly.

Annoying but not critical. At 650m they don't do it on our boxes in house, what is different about your situation ? Couldn't get the upside down thing to happen either. Default range is 1130m not 650.

This problem is actually a problem because they try to replicate the convergance you set, if you set them at 10m range, they do weird stuff to attempt to meet your request to converge at that range.

ghostrider

I'll look into it a bit more and see if i come up with a better way to reproduce cause when i first saw it i respawned several times and it kept happening, now its not happening anymore.

Also, couldnt you set the lower limit of the convergance to 100m or something for destroyers?

ghostrider

I think i figured out what my problem was with #59; when in offline mode and switching between 1st person and 3rd person views you can use the page-up and page-down keys to change perspectives in 3rd person view but these keys also change range settings. So if you enter 3rd person and mess around with the view buttons and then switch back to 1st person the zoomed views will maintain the inversed "close" range setting view even if your range is now in the thousands.

Simply amazing Beta testing work Ghostrider. I don't usually post here - but I believe you are deserving of a clear thank you (and that's what DOC's 2 posts means). Thought I'd make it clear. They are working too hard - but so are you.

Thank you again, :)

JOKER007

But to be maximally useful, your work still needs to stick to the "1 bug per thread" rule. That's how identify/assign/fix/verify management has proven to work best, because tickets are assigned to threads and every valid non-dupe prioritized bug needs a ticket.

ghost,

There are threads for most of these I think.

I say I think because it is really hard and time consuming for me to digest run on threads such as this.

One bug, one thread in the future please.

I will browse these today.

1) poor loading performance probably machine based (Ram, Vram, HDD, dunno)

2) noyon-ham DEPOT (not CP) - Fixed (mostly)

3) unable to replicate

4) already posted

5) FIXED

6) unable to replicate OR already posted and now FIXED (not enough info)

7) Couldn't replicate but if you can please start a new thread and I'll sticky it for more tessting

8) reported FIXED and already reported (sticked at time of this post)

9) already reported

10) Same as #1 Not sure why experiencing this. Exact same sys specs as me and I never ever ever see it. Not once.

11) reported tickected and fixed afaik

12) yes

13) unable to replicate, if you can please create new post. Suspect related to #1

14) give specific example

"sarlaac" already reported possible fix ticketed - no priority

"MRP" - should be fixed or allieviated in beta

15 - 19) ticketed

20) always have no change expected

21 - 22) added to ticket for 19

23) known issue

24) ticketed

25 - 26) recheck and add to new floating sticky

27) unable to replicate crash, please retest and repost

28 - 29) added to misc terrain ticket

30 - 33) Ahh, these are all that one version where the host was mismatched, huge sticky for this at the time, no need to try and replicate

34) unable to replicate

35) ooh that is fubar, probably lots of other...see if this was a seperrate thread I could aask for a full audit and sticky it but it's not and no one will ever find this! Ticketed

36) not concerned

37) please retest and report new thread

38) fixe dspecular issue I think, unsure, I haven't seen this lemme test... ok not seeing this repost if you are

39) all same same as above

40) old news

41) OOH **** ticketed -look like only antwerp?

42) added

43) added

44) should be improved but likely not fixed

45) probably won't fix until tps redo

46) unable to replicate

47) ticketed

48) known issue, tree colliders are cylinders and not the surface of the tree still be nice if they had hit effects

49) unable to replicate repost if issue still there

50)unable to replicate ... repost

51) repost in new floating sticky, include lat long

52) ticketed

53) tps redo

54) will test think this is correct as they are shaped charges not anti inf weapons, only FR is area affect

55)looks fixed to me

56) ticketed

57) think fixed (already ticketed)

58) ticketed

59) nice catch holy crap wtf is icetwp doing anyway --- hmmm could not replicate please repost this if you see it again

Wow. Many thanks. First a tshirt is on the way. Second you can expect an invitation to join our closed beta team at some point in the future.

Thank you.

Now....

ONE BUG ONE THREAD!!!!

Seriously though, great reporting. I'll hope you'll review these and repost where warranted. I'm closing this thread just because I don't want (have time) to read through it again in this format.

R3eYzDj7nqzt6i9iyDzwkz9Mo1_500.jpg