Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

New Feature? Password Save

ghostrider

Could we have an option to have our password saved in the playnet launcher?

its a little annoying to have to enter my password everytime i launch the game

I guess someone owns a "patent" about it and threatened CRS. That's how things go in software (idea) patent world.

They removed that because people kept forgetting their passwords and the customer support for it was too much of a burden.

Here's why we removed that ability:

1. When the system remembered your password, and players did not ... our 1 support guy here spent hours every day fixing player passwords that had been forgotten and doing follow-up tasks associated with this activity. Remember we have a big game but we are a teeny tiny company. Easily the smallest in the world doing something this big.

2. Since the change to "players must type it in everytime" our 1 support guy is doing massive amounts of other support work for players because he isn't fixing forgotten passwords and doing thr follow-up on that, 2 hours of every day 5 days a week.

3. So it's a little annoying but you get more bang for your buck this way. Our support guy also gets a lot more other work done, and we need everyone here doing the least amount of "waste work" tasks they possibly can. We all have 5 other jobs we could be doing any day here, and we need to do them all.

4. In reality it's better for you on another level. You'll never forget your password. Personally I always prefered the annoyance of bashing my password into my brain every day than I did having to call tech support because one day I can't remember it from one and a half years ago, and for reasons I didn't expect I suddently need to remember it, and can't find the book I wrote it down in. I wish NOBODY had a "remember password" function, because that call to tech support is a pain only exceeded by the wait for the confirmation email giving me the link to reset it myself, thus making the tech support call twice as annoying becuase they can't fix it without my doing the work in the end anyway.

We won't be changing it for v1.31 because that would be reducing our available staff, and we don't have that kind of headroom in the staffing department right now.