Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Flight ctd #4019

yokilla

Taking off at Antwerp with a Spit9 I was able to replicate a CTD:

Spit9 fly Easterly while climbing. Look over the left wing (Northerly) with alll the HUD elements on. CTD. It generally happens over in the east rail bridge area. I tested it 4 or 5 times. I also flew the same pattern with the HUD off and it never CTD'd. Further I flew to the area with HUD off, turned it on and CTD'd.

CPU: intel core 2 duo 3.06 GHz running at 3.23 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: nvidia 9500 GT

I also tested the Spit 9 and got consistent CTD, but not when looking left. Try one I CDTed while taking off. Try 2 I CDTed while climbing and completing a turn east. Try 3 I switched to a Spit 5 and again CDTed just like I did in try 2. In none of these cases did I look left... never got the chance. I don't know if it's confined to the area east of antwerp, the first try I hadn't gotten off the round... but I was heading east.

The only flying I have done in 3.1 so far was in training mode, the combat practice part, and never had a problem there (I think it was using the Spit 1). I also haven't had any CTDs in 3.1 before now.

As an aside, each time I reran the game after a CTD, all the personas were locked. Running the game again go me in ok.

OS - Win 7 64 bit

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz

RAM - 4 GB

Vid - NVidia GeForce 8800 GT

Controllers - CH CombatStick & ProThrottle

sasquach

I think people have found CTD's in the Antwerp area even not flying.

The "all the personas were locked" after CTD is a host issue which is still confusing. On the Mac instead of locked you can't launch the game online for a couple minutes.