Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Focus Testing 5/7/10

dockhouge

dockhouge

Had a good time and fps were very good with my old ww2ol box: 3gig c2duo 4g ram, BFG Geforce 280 OC, Win 7 Ult.

Only issue for me was when it would rain you could see the splash on the ground but not the rain falling. Other issue was the occasional floating deployed AAA gun. All in all 131 looks mighty nice.

yeah the game looks pretty good

I need to get a new machine though

I've only got 2 gig of ram :(

Got home for work, figured I'd hop on the Beta for the last half hour of the test, I'm still getting a DL 5 hours later, but hey I"m 85% done. UGH

I was on the Beta a few days ago, & no DL, why today??? :(

How'd everyone else do?

yeah the game looks pretty good

I've only got 2 gig of ram :(

Ouch. Yeah you need at least 3.

Great fighting yesterday - best time in beta so far! I got a good MSP setup north of Piesport - and then we had a blast fighting in towards town and around the railway station. Amazing to see how much the shadows from trees and new grass fields change the game. Also the ragdoll physics really makes a world of difference to the battlefield when you see corpses all over.

Had no CTD´s in the 2 hours I was there. FPS were acceptable (particularly given my rig) running on medium quality/performance. Generally between 15 and 25 FPS (which was quite playable) - low FPS only when looking at a lot of trees / grass through scopes or binos.

From my point of view - it is good to go :)

Ouch. Yeah you need at least 3.

Actually - you can get by with 2 Gig of Ram.

My rig:

AMD Athlon FX-57 @ 2,9 Ghz

Nvidia 9600 GT 512 MB Ram

2 GB SDRAM

Windows XP 32 bit

Getting frames around 20ish with medium quality settings at 1280x960. Game looks fine. Mind you - I have done everything possible to shave down the ram footprint from windows.

Low Ram can give a stutter once in a while (partucularly when large explosions happen it seems) but not very often.

Not saying it is the best experience - but it will work.

As both infantry and in the air I got kills but no kill confirmation and didn't show up on the AAR. (Like- I was the lone shooter, EA exploded, in other case I hit a EI center of weight and he died..) Didn't have enough time to have more then anecdotal evidence.

It was an impressive test. Nice location, no problems during 2 hours of playing with highest quality settings, moderate frame rate and a new awesome game feeling.

Great job CRS :)

Open-Beta_Piesport_10-05-07_01.jpg

Open-Beta_Piesport_10-05-07_02.jpg

Edited by alba