Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

v1.32 Open Test FAQ

GOPHUR

v1.32 Pre Release FAQ

If you've got some questions about the upcoming features they may be answered below. If not, feel free to ask!

Bail Out

Q: Can you explain “paras with chute open now cull at 2km”?

A: This means that while paratroopers (or bailed pilots) are in the air, they can be seen from 2km away.

Q: Why can't I despawn whenever I want? Can;t you just let the plane go on without me?

A: No. Due to the nature of our physics adjudication the host is not capable of running the flight simulation on your aircraft. We might at some point turn your plane into a Server Tracked Object but that is not available at present.

Q: So pilots who bail in an undamaged plane get a kill scored against them????

A: Firstly pilots don;t really get kills scored against them. Pilots get awarded kills for taking other planes out of the fight. In this case if you despawn and someone was just shooting you then they effectively, as far as they are concerned, forced you to leave the fight and they get a kill. This has no effect on your RTB code.

Q: Does this mean that all axes will be set to neutral on bailout? Or will it still be like the current despawn functionality where it locks input?

A: They are set to neutral I believe. I didn't really notice TBH.

Player Placed Objects

Q: The FRU may not be placed on AF's. Does that mean that they cannot be placed in the hangers also?

A: Due to collision concerns like putting it in a wall, the FRU may not be placed in or on buildings or other similar objects.

Q: Would it now be possible to constantly have a MSP(FRU) active, since if the FRU was destroyed, then the ML can simply place another one, and if the ML is killed, he passes lead to someone else, so he can then simply place a FRU?

A: Yes. This is the entire point of the FRU. It is a way for us to have more dynamic infantry spawning in preparation for truly dynamic mission origins and targets. We would like every mission to always have an infantry spawn point where players can group up with their mission leader.

Q: That scares me. Maybe you could make a feedback thread for this specifically when the open test begins?

A: Already done. We definitely want to play test this to get a feel for it. We have no idea how it may play out. I always expect the unexpected. However, MSPs were really great for the game and lots of players want a “spawn at mission leader” (I don't) so we think this hits in the middle.

Who, What Now?

Q: Are the new infantry models planned for 1.32 or is that another patch?

A: The 3rd Person Redo has no release version associated with it and it is not in 1.32. When it is completed Alpha we'll drop it in a beta and ship it, possibly as a stand alone release.

Q: Where can I find this here open test client? Mac please?

A: Keep an eye out on the Announcements as well as the Testing Forum. I forget what they are calling it this week. Go here: http://discussions.playnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Q: Please clarify “capture assist removed”.

A: We had a line in the AAR called capture assists. Since there is no such thing and you couldn't get scored for it we removed it. Since the new capture rules went in, all players present at the event of capture or un-capture score a capture.

Q: My name is Whitten and I'm a smarty pants.

A: We know and we like you anyway.

Edited by GOPHUR

maybe because I'm still a noob..I would think you should never take away the ability to despawn. I should be able to despawn anytime I wish. hit despawn and let the plane crash for all I care, but you should still be able to despawn at anytime. If I need to log quickly, I can guarantee you I won't care enough to log correctly, if you force me to either land/bail or get above 180 meters just to despawn...

/shrug just seems crazy, but I guess there maybe a reason.

Unable to Despawn:

• Planes not on the ground and not above 180meters will not be able to despawn
  • Players must climb to 180 meters to bailout despawn
  • Players must be on the ground to regular despawn

RADIAL CLUTTER REQUEST:

I saw the note on "adjusted fade-in of radial clutter", not sure if that means adjusted rate of fade in, or distance (longer? shorter?) or if it means what I've put below. Hopefully what I've put below!. Anyway:

Please make a "donut hole" in the radial clutter with a radius of 1.5 to 2 meters and a center point at the avatar.

This accomplishes two very important things:

1.) It allows players to peek over ridges, or to look down range with an unobstructed view, just like how in real life you would be able to see by reaching out your hand and adjusting a weed in your face.

2.) It won't let people think they are concealed when they aren't.

Thanks.

motormouth:

Much as Romzy's posting style can give me headaches (and the fact that he's "NEVAR WRONG!!"), that post pretty much nails it on the head.

sgtchief:

romz you['re] my damn hero

sydney:

Ya know, at first Romsburg, you rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't a fan. But over the past 12 months, you have really grown on me. You're precise, well spoken and although you are sometimes a little harsh, you are most often correct and in proper context with your responses.

irelandeb:

indeed he's one of the few voices of common sense on these forums

pete, linc & julie:

I can't say [any]thing else [than] that the ban was justified considering that you have an 'impressive' TOS history....

owilde:

The only thing worse than being talked about is *not* being talked about.

Edited by romzburg

RADIAL CLUTTER REQUEST:

I saw the note on "adjusted fade-in of radial clutter", not sure if that means adjusted rate of fade in, or distance (longer? shorter?) or if it means what I've put below. Hopefully what I've put below!. Anyway:

Please make a "donut hole" in the radial clutter with a radius of 1.5 to 2 meters and a center point at the avatar.

This accomplishes two very important things:

1.) It allows players to peek over ridges, or to look down range with an unobstructed view, just like how in real life you would be able to see by reaching out your hand and adjusting a weed in your face.

2.) It won't let people think they are concealed when they aren't.

Thanks.

the donut hole is a great idea, and should resolve many issues with Radial clutter as it is :)

Regarding ML placement of FRU'S

Would it now be possible to constanly have a msp(FRU) active, since if the FRU was destroyed, then the ML can simply place another one, and if the ML is killed, he passes lead to someone else, so he can then simply place a FRU.

If you understand my query? It would seem possible to maintain a FRU at all times basically?

Is this part of the design, or maybe overlooked? I can see the benefits of it being part of the design, but it could empower the attacker greatly???

Re: "Pilots who have bailed have no control of their plane"

Does this mean that all axes will be set to neutral on bailout? Or will it still be like the current despawn functionality where it locks input?

Are the new infantry models planned for 1.32 or is that another patch?

Did not Rafter post somewhere that the infantry redo isn't guaranteed even for 1.33?

FRU placement question

may not be placed on AF's. Does that mean that they cannot be placed in the hangers also?

Pretty sure that's gonna be a "NO, you cannot place FRU's in the hangers" or any other place, ON the AF tile...

Would it now be possible to constanly have a msp(FRU) active, since if the FRU was destroyed, then the ML can simply place another one, and if the ML is killed, he passes lead to someone else, so he can then simply place a FRU.

If you understand my query? It would seem possible to maintain a FRU at all times basically?

Is this part of the design, or maybe overlooked? I can see the benefits of it being part of the design, but it could empower the attacker greatly???

I have the same fear - but I also see a lot of small changes that could negate this issue.

Gophur: Maybe you could make a feedback thread for this specifically when the open test begins?

This would empower the attacker. It seems like the PPOS will benifit the defenders more though.

v1.32 Open Test Read Me

AAR:

• Capture assist removed

Please clarify this, does it mean that you don't get a Capture Assist notation in the AAR, that you don't get points for helping out capture a flag, something else?

things I find missing from the readme is..

Infantry:

• Fixed feature where you can undeploy and relocate without having to wait for your Anti-Tank Rifle to reload.
  • Added ability for Anti-Tank Rifles to track tanks.
  • Added ability for Rifleman to bundle 4 of their HE grenades to form a charge to blow the track on a tank.

Vehicles:

• Removed Antenna Rack from SdKfz 232.
  • Added front bumper to the SdKfz 232.
  • Fixed hitboxes on the commanders for both Sherman tanks.
  • Fixed Panhard so it can now be damaged by putting a charge on the engines oil pan.

Preferences:

• Added Anisotropic Filtering and Anti-Aliasing options. (can be set to 4x for both)

Manuals:

• Fixed typos in all manuals.
  • Added Flak 36 Manual.

Client:

• Fixed flashing textures and buildings bug.
  • Fixed "no bushes" bug.

Map:

• Fixed map prefrences not being saved and going back to default.

Sounds:

Edited by whitten

Please clarify this' date=' does it mean that you don't get a Capture Assist notation in the AAR, that you don't get points for helping out capture a flag, something else?[/quote']

I'm pretty sure it means that no one in the cap building gets an assist anymore. It changed with the new cap system. Everyone in the cap zone gets scored as a cap. No more assist for those covering the guy humping the table. There is no table.

Edited by yokilla

there is no spoon??

I see your point, it was just a scoring mechanism that they're talking about, which is now redundant. Makes sense, any big change to cap mechanics wouldn't be such a minor dot point.

Just done some testing.

When placing FRU i get "?ppos.irp.build?" with ok and cancel

Uncertain whether thats intended for offline or beta or still needs fixing to place FRU or whatever your gonna put in box.

Edited by petie