Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

??PPOS.BADTARGETRANGE.TOOFAR?? - Can't place FRU Bug #4791

spOrT

Its annoying and, to be honest, ruining a lot of people's fun since we can't advance our FRUs on town as we contest it. I can think of 4 or 5 attacks that were squandered because MLs can't move their FRUs around.

Also see:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=342336

(And the two topics linked from that topic)

There is an issue with FRU placement somewhere ... One not found in BETA I think ...

It may be a feedback problem ... Last night someone could not place a FRU, it just "disappeared" ... we worked out that his orginating-depot had been captured, but he was not receiving a message to say that was the case, the FRU just disappeared after being placed

Also see:

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=342336

(And the two topics linked from that topic)

There is an issue with FRU placement somewhere ... One not found in BETA I think ...

It may be a feedback problem ... Last night someone could not place a FRU, it just "disappeared" ... we worked out that his orginating-depot had been captured, but he was not receiving a message to say that was the case, the FRU just disappeared after being placed

That might of been me. I was opening a FRU with a truck and as the building bar completed it said the FRU was built but it never appeared and instantly on the radio it said MSP is no longer available. I did this several times. I do not recall the origin city being contested when I was trying to open an FRU.

I got several BADRANGETOTARGET or something similar while trying to redeploy a FRU.

Happens to me when trying to set the second fru, think town was always contested (I read something about it down here in the forum so I add it to the list)

1st fru with opel, ok... second with ml, ok... third impossible. doesnt matter far or near... and yes... all my camarades ded at town and i was trying to avoid being killed outside when town was uncontested and i was able to set new one.. but was no inmediatly. i will try to take note of town status next time :)

er.. and killed while setting the new one.

No matter how far or near i was when town felt contested. and i was unable to set fru.

S!

I know there were other threads about this, but I figure the more people complain about it, the quicker it'll get fixed.

It would be nice for a Rat to comment and recognize there's a problem, though...

I know there were other threads about this, but I figure the more people complain about it, the quicker it'll get fixed.

It would be nice for a Rat to comment and recognize there's a problem, though...

CRS pls ACK this ... we have about 5 or more threads open on this issue ... really frustrating. Please please please.

Replicated

Origin: Oost-Schilde FB

Tgt: Schilde

----------------------------------

Work fine

Origin: Oost-Schilde FB

Tgt: Schilde AB

I have new data to resolve problem.

---------------------------------------------

ORIGIN: FB

TARGET: name of town

TOWN STATUS: uncontested

FRU work like rules said.

TARGET: name of town

TOWN STATUS: contested

FRU is not possible deploy for many times

??PPOS.BADTARGETRANGE.TOOFAR??

---------------Workaround------------------------

TARGET: AB

TOWN STATUS: contested

FRU work like rules said.

Have a fun.

Yeah, I been playing with similar tests.

Maybe it is something to do with the AB being the primary facility in town? ... Once you select somethign else, all kinds of mad things can occur.

E.G. The reverse of this is to make a mission on the town ... Depots capped by the enemy have no affect, even if your FRU is 100m away. Even when the town changes hands (so the AB) a FRU from a mission on that town will stay up (indefinately, from what I can tell).

It's got to the point where I am no longer sure what the rules are, what is a bug and what is intended.

I'd sort-of like a guide from RATs as to how they think it should work ... but I sort-of wouldn't, because I am learning how they are working ...

Getting irritating.

This time, as ML, I drove opel to Vervins to attack town, Set fru, Despawned and returned as LMG. Tried to setr second FRU and recieved error message. Tried deleting frist fru. That did not help. Ran to original fru spot and tried. No FRU. Cancelled mission.

The above is not 100 correct. Also had a case of being unable to set first FRU.

This bug is causing a lot of people, myself included, to stop being ML and trying to set a FRU. 50% chance of failure after driving or running out.

strange how crs seems to ignore this FRU problems, that honestly are as irritating as few other are ... maybe because they rethinking FRU?

I've always noticed that the bug seems to happen after you've capped a CP or AB.

You go to move it up closer because you just capped something, but then it no longer works.

I've always noticed that the bug seems to happen after you've capped a CP or AB.

You go to move it up closer because you just capped something, but then it no longer works.

That's interesting but to be blunt there isn't much useful here for me to test. I need the name of the origin and the target and the ownership of all facilities in the target so that I can replicate. I can run around all day placing FRU's but that isn't going to help really. I need to know where it is specifically broken so I can replicate on beta.

This is the thread I came across first so I'll merge others into this one.

I beleive rats are working the new fru code, so either the issues stated above are fixed, or being worked upon...patience folks.

I also have had similar issues, but weirdly, after a while it works for me, my issue seems to be a problem related to taking lead or getting lead handed to me, after a while it works.

So we're all clear, the message is telling you that your mission target is too far from you to place your FRU.

This can mean that you selected the town as the mission target and the town marker is too far from you. I'll test that out as I don;t recall if it accounts for all of the facility markers below the town marker. I'm all but certain it does not calculate the check on a per building basis.

It could also be the case that this is not the correct feedback for what you are seeing and we have a ticket already to improve that. For instance, if you lose your origin or your target is no longer valid or your target is not linked to your origin you will never be able to place an FRU but there is no specific feedback for that.

Every single time I've created a FRU mission, I've used the town as a general target and the FB as the origin.

We didn't lose the FB.

Sometimes I've been unable to place it once I get my truck near town (and even recreating the mission in one case didn't work). Battles were already raging in those cases, so it might have had to do with stuff that was captured (maybe the city CP?). I've never had the problem rolling up on a dead town.

But most of the time the problem is that my FRU has been up for a long while, unmoved, and then after we capture something I try to move it closer and get that bug.

There was one time, only one, where the bug resolved itself. It might be because we had captured the town by then (Now that I recall, it was huy, and I'm pretty sure it was after we captured the city CP that the FRU stopped working. (After we captured the AB it worked again).

Edited by ZeroAce

Every single time I've created a FRU mission, I've used the town as a general target and the FB as the origin.

We didn't lose the FB.

Sometimes I've been unable to place it once I get my truck near town (and even recreating the mission in one case didn't work). Battles were already raging in those cases, so it might have had to do with stuff that was captured (maybe the city CP?). I've never had the problem rolling up on a dead town.

But most of the time the problem is that my FRU has been up for a long while, unmoved, and then after we capture something I try to move it closer and get that bug.

There was one time, only one, where the bug resolved itself. It might be because we had captured the town by then (Now that I recall, it was huy, and I'm pretty sure it was after we captured the city CP that the FRU stopped working. (After we captured the AB it worked again).

I experienced and ticketed both of these:

1) If you get to close to place, sometimes you have to go really far away (1km) to be able to place again

2) Sometimes when facilities change ownership you can instantly no longer place in a location you could have placed at a second ago

• 3 weeks later...