Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Potential Map Improvements

SHEF

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• szyporyn

• Sparre

• Sudden

• SHEF

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's the dealio. Around the time I took this as my special pet project, we opened the throttle wide on RA. With the WWIIOL engine, contour lines was going to be difficult, mostly in finding the balance between accuracy and looking good. The most accurate lines would be jagged and bizarre due to the low range of points available. The prettiest lines would be smooth but so inaccurate due to extrapolating with few points.

But with RA, we were using a new terrain engine. And we wanted the technologies developed through RA to pave the way for the next evolution of WWIIOL... essentially, why bother going ahead with contour lines on our old technology?

I did finish my internship, so I don't know what the plans are regarding contour lines. But, I know that a LOT of UI improvements were being discussed, including various things about the map. When will you see those? I dunno. What, exactly, will make it into the final version? I dunno.

But RA is the way. Please help CRS out by spreading word of their kickstarter campaign, and pledge a little, if you can. If RA succeeds to its full potential, then WWIIOL will evolve spectacularly, too.