Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1st person audio dropping

vecchio

I have had this problem spring up in the last month or so. What happens is all my 1st person audio stops, for instance my gun shooting, my footsteps, my reloading sound, etc. All other sounds work fine so I can't seem to figure out what is causing this. I have an Asus Crosshair 790fx MB, and up until about 2 weeks ago I was using the on-board sound and it was happening then. Recently I bought an Asus Xonar DX and the problem persists. I am starting to think this is something with the game, but my squaddie that I play with daily doesn't get this. He says his 1st person sound cuts out from time to time, but all he has to do is move and it comes back. Mine doesn't come back, and sometimes it will continue from one mission to the next. Any clue what might be causing this? It really does take away from the immersion.

P.S. I was using the latest sound drivers when I was using on-board, and I am using the latest drivers for the Xonar DX too.

There's a seven page thread on this. Suffice it to say this is fixed/improved in beta.