Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

The BAR

gagsy

Can't wait to see how the BAR compares with the axis lmg.

Its a better sniper lmg than the axis lmg *just cause the art work of the sight is cleaner*

As far as it vs a rifle @ 300m ...the rifle will win everytime in my opinion from what I saw in beta

Hell I was punking them at ranges of 200m with the axis assualt rifle by 10 to 1

The BAR is like a rifle from long range...not as accurate, but still works like one and is much better for that than any other LMG in the game.

However it doesn't work as well for setting up in a window covering an enemy spawnable depot, or supressive fire against an enemy FRU.

Its a great assault lmg, i think better than the axis lmg in that role

Axis lmg still better for medium to long distances to cover positions and supress fire

It's excellent for sitting in church tower stairwells and wasting mofos as they try to climb the stairs :D

Very powerful up close and far away, but accuracy and small mag capacity are it's limitations. Accuracy in comparison with the other rifles, much better than the SMG, only slightly worse than the semi autos.

Also a total crap shoot to do a 20 round burst while not deployed.

I did some testing on the bar yesterday. I think the sight alignment is off on it. The 400m setting is correct for 200m distances...

Allies were doing pretty well with it camping the Axis FRU this weekend on the beta server.

ya realize it was axis players playing allied and vice versa right?

.all channel looked like the axis side chan yesterday lol

.all channel looked like the axis side chan yesterday lol

There was 3 shermans camping the axis fru and no rpats and we wanted inf action. What do you expect us to do? Bring tanks and turn it into another tank battle? We get it allies like camping spawn points but dont bring it to beta sheesh. :D

Edited by matt6767

Heh you got me about 30 times in the open beta lob12. You have the reflex's of a 12year old and are leathal with that G43.

It's excellent for sitting in church tower stairwells and wasting mofos as they try to climb the stairs :D

Very powerful up close and far away, but accuracy and small mag capacity are it's limitations. Accuracy in comparison with the other rifles, much better than the SMG, only slightly worse than the semi autos.

Also a total crap shoot to do a 20 round burst while not deployed.

The sniper in your sig is that the US sniper we got in game?? If it is then UGGHH what were the Rats thinking? It looks like an M1903 with the x8 Unertl scope on it that was used only by the Marines.

Should have gone with the M1903A4 with the 330 Weaver (M73B1) scope or even the M84 scope would have been much MUCH better.

I'm just getting more and more disappointed with the way the Americans were modeled equipment wise...(graphically).

The sniper in your sig is that the US sniper we got in game?? If it is then UGGHH what were the Rats thinking? It looks like an M1903 with the x8 Unertl scope on it that was used only by the Marines.

Should have gone with the M1903A4 with the 330 Weaver (M73B1) scope or even the M84 scope would have been much MUCH better.

I'm just getting more and more disappointed with the way the Americans were modeled equipment wise...(graphically).

The Springfield uses the Weaver I believe. It's a beast too, my favorite of the other scopes in the game.

No I photoshopped it because im a Marine. The one in game is the correct m1903a4 with the weaver 330.

No I photoshopped it because im a Marine. The one in game is the correct m1903a4 with the weaver 330.

Whew I was thinking the Rats really dropped the ball on that one.

Now if I can find some screenies of the US troops. I have noticed a couple errors with the US models. The Germans do look a lot better though uniform wise but still missing some required gear. Is it just me or are all the Germans now pioneers according to their waffenfarbe?

I like the BAR! I like the ability to shoulder it which is what it looks like you can do!! However at 200m maxing out the ability to shoulder fire the weapon puts it more inline with the G43 and not a LMG. The G43 should actually be effective shoulder fired weapon out to 400m with short burst.. I am inline with that somewhat (mb even a little generous), I have shot the BAR (semi) from a standing position and the kick I am sure toss you off pretty bad in full auto even if you where trained. I have also shot the Garrand, shooting fast semi auto on that gun is no picnick and

My only disappointment with the new weapons systems is that the Browning .30 cal was not included.

My only disappointment with the new weapons systems is that the Browning .30 cal was not included.

Yeah, also no MG-42 ;)

^ See where it would lead into? :)

Yeah, also no MG-42 ;)

^ See where it would lead into? :)

I already made a thread about that.... The missing lmgs for the new patch..

MG42, Browning 30 cal... and mb the vickers .303 or some suitable lmg.

Axis should had a HMG in terms of bullet weight... the MG131 which had been converted in limited numbers to an infantry weapon. French the M2, and British the Vickers .50 or what ever suitable HMG in its class.

Can't wait to storm omaha with the BAR.

I can name about 10 current games that allows you to do this.. right now.. How about, "Can't wait to storm an ENTIRE town supported by Armor,air,naval and boots, with the bar"