Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

MAC: Still can't login?

delems

Another tip:

-Did someone at CRS try to log onto the game with some other users game tag/password that experiences the problem?

I'd happily let you do it but have no active account (this is squad account).

-marcus33

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeeptj

• montyuno

• delems

• marcus

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, since Dec 15th I believe. Sure hope this is P1 at HQ? There are users that still can't log in at all. (I get in after 10 to 15 tries thankfully)

Getting the host stable was important, but now all other bugs can be on hold until you can have your users be able to log on and experience the bugs for themselves. Then fix the rest.

It is del but we don't have enough to go on. Until we can replicate the issue we are just shooting in the dark.

Since some get it and some don't (we don't) we have to find the commonality and that means we have to rely on the testers. Beta and in this case, as is often the case on a small project like ours, live.

And the betas don't seem to be getting it either or they would have reported it in beta testing. We did weeks of open testing and didn't have any reports either.

Which patch release did this start with? Was it 1.34.0? I think it was but need confirmation.

Which patch release did this start with? Was it 1.34.0? I think it was but need confirmation.

The last one before everyone went on holidays.

If there's a NEW BETA, please give it out to the mac crowd and not only to selected testers so there's more testers.

The Christmas Patch !!!!

Oh I also see that you removed my post about giving us some "Credit Time" for this debacle ...

typical....

The Last Patch messed it all up

Hmm, for some reason I thought it was 12/15. But, it looks like my messages didn't start until 12/23. And my installer is dated 12/22. (.6) Anyways, it was the .6 version;

I don't have a .5 installer for some reason, but I do have a .4 The problem came with the .6 full install. I think macs skipped a .5 version.

I don't have a .5 installer for some reason, but I do have a .4 The problem came with the .6 full install. I think macs skipped a .5 version.

There was no .5 for mac, it was a PC specific update.

Same applies to now, PC runs .7 I believe while ours is still officially called.6

GOPHUR, if it helps, by carefully staring at the progress bar while it is stuck on "Finding Best Connection", I noticed, as did montyuno, that just before it crashes (actually just AS it is ctd'ing) the red bar jumps forward and the message written is "Incomplete Network Selection". If this is just the timeout message for Finding Best Connection, maybe it doesn't mean anything, but knowing what error message the client is throwing onscreen may help figure out what it thinks is happening. The frustrating thing is not that it isn't finding the "best" connection, it seems to give up trying to find *any* connection. And then, sometimes, it just works.

I would think that's worth a try Delems, it would make startup a bit tedious but might allow most people to login while they try to figure out why it's behaving that way. It sure looks like a simple timeout --- my system always seems to crash at about 45 seconds after the screen appears.

GOPHUR' date=' if it helps, by carefully staring at the progress bar while it is stuck on "Finding Best Connection", I noticed, as did montyuno, that just before it crashes (actually just AS it is ctd'ing) the red bar jumps forward and the message written is "Incomplete Network Selection". If this is just the timeout message for Finding Best Connection, maybe it doesn't mean anything, but knowing what error message the client is throwing onscreen may help figure out what it thinks is happening. The frustrating thing is not that it isn't finding the "best" connection, it seems to give up trying to find *any* connection. And then, sometimes, it just works.[/quote']

Great feedback. So this error is happening after the splash screen. Was not sure. The details on these types of reports are important. That's usually why I ask for step by step reproduction methods.

I'll share that.

Increasing the time is no use. If it connects sometimes but not others AND all of your trace routes show no problem then there is another client error. Probably something in the ordering of events.

There is an Open Test for the Mac in the stickies and if any of you brave sould want to try it I could use the feedback.