Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

FEEDBACK - 1.35.5.4 Infantry Predictor Code Hotfix Patch

waver25

12 hours ago, webco said:

I have super rig, 1G google fiber connection and the game locks up and freezes when EI coming into my area.  Hot fix fails in my opinion.

Don't hit me now :P... but:

• Packets on internet do not travel faster with 1gbit/sec connection
  • And super-rigs can be slow with this old game if each core in your super-duper-lot-of-cores CPU still use a low base frequency

Would be interesting though to check what's going on with webco:s client.

Could be packet loss, but never heard the word "freeze" being used when having packet loss, more "funky stuff". Maybe this is just having set settings to high with maximum rendered objects. With unoptimized game that usually make every computer stutter. Or that water bug, if being in a town near a river, that river is rendered, even if not visible... hmm..

• Free Play Account

Played for the first time in awhile last night. Close quarter combat was perfect. I didnt see any warping or rubber banding.

I was in Liege  and there were lots of players around. I have a 12mb DSL connection. Big + this patch was.

On 11/4/2016 at 4:02 PM, oldzeke said:

RE Stuart changing gears backing...Stu has either 3or 4 reverse speeds/gears. On phone atm so can't check exact nurmber

Ah... I was not aware of that!

I have had a few things happen. I had four satchels clip through a stug g and 17lber shells not as effective

With the stug I went to put the first satchel between tracks rear while kneeling and the satchel appeared on top of the rear of the vehicle...head scratcher. The rest just clipped right through.

Nov. 24 afternoon (server time): Ei capping cp, ei laying in stairs only legs sticking out. I shot ei with entire smg34 clip, pb range, plenty on blood. EI ignores me, finishes cap and rises out of stairs, I shoot entire clip into his back close range, plenty of blood but he ignores me, and leaves from 2nd story of blown cp. I fire another clip into him as he walks away (less blood). AAR- no hits! I did a .report.

Nov. 24 ca 10pm: ei shoots from 1st floor of cp to 2nd floor killing friendlies with no possible line of sight. Extreme lag!

Nov. 24 in general lag was very bad. I restarted game and/or computer throughout the day and night to try and improve things but to no avail. Very frustrating. 

• waver25 unpinned this topic
  • waver25 unfeatured this topic

Warping was horrible yesterday, this is a video of infantry warping everywhere at Namur fight. I really don't understand how people can prefer this predictor code rather than the old one...

43 minutes ago, sydspain said:

Warping was horrible yesterday, this is a video of infantry warping everywhere at Namur fight. I really don't understand how people can prefer this predictor code rather than the old one...

the frustrating thing about the new code is that you can tell who else is just as helpless as you are and the people that have learned to abuse the netcode

CRS needs to test the code not with standard honorable play but with players deliberately trying to exploit the movement mechanics, testers should be trying to skate and dolphin and see how much floating can be induced

the netcode problem is exacerbated by the long capture timers and all the indoor battles, they have this huge MMO but due to their game rules a sold 90% of infantry fighting takes place room-to-room

• Free Play Account

Connection bar is missing from the video. Didnt CRS say it was dependent on the quality of the players ISP/connection?

1 hour ago, Pittpete said:

Connection bar is missing from the video. Didnt CRS say it was dependent on the quality of the players ISP/connection?

This is my connection bar

UAdwjpw.png

I can't figure out how to see my ping in game. Manually pinging the server gives a result of around 165 ms. When playing other games with European based servers I'm usually between 15 and 40 ms. Most people (atleast here in Sweden) have really good Internet connections and great quality ISP's. So blaming it on the players connection is not the answer. Where in the US are the servers located? Moving the servers to New York area could bring down European ping to around 100 ms

Edited by wongone

21 minutes ago, Pittpete said:

If your connection is dropping packets what should it be blamed on?

typically your ISP. possibly traffic shaping (QoS) by your isp. could just be issues on the net. could be a lot of things.

Well my connection is not dropping packets and I don't think that it is a very common case with dropped packets. As I was saying the quality of Internet Services are very good in most part of Europe (And getting better every day).  So why do I see this circus freak show going on? . If there are players with so bad connections that the predictor can't handle it smoothly, they should be disconnected.

Edited by wongone

15 minutes ago, bmw said:

Is that normal?  What do other connection bars look like?  

I don't know if it's normal, but I have similar ping I'd before predictor code patch. I did a ping test to wwii server in cmd and my ping is very stable and doesn't show any lost packet:

1NJRbM3.png

For me the predictor code at this time is worst than the one we previously had... there were cases of an infantry not dieing but this was rare to come across. ( I preferred the first network code the one you shot and could be shot back before 1.33 and the new infantry models seems to be faster and have no problems).

The reason is worst is because being a rifleman it's almost impossible to kill a running EI , they keep moving faster then running slower screws your leading , I also seen this erratic movements on the video above it's almost a matter of of luck of hitting with a rifle.

This should be P1 to fix...

Edited by pbveteran

On 23-12-2016 at 9:00 AM, pbveteran said:

For me the predictor code at this time is worst than the one we previously had... there were cases of an infantry not dieing but this was rare to come across. ( I preferred the first network code the one you shot and could be shot back before 1.33 and the new infantry models seems to be faster and have no problems).

The reason is worst is because being a rifleman it's almost impossible to kill a running EI , they keep moving faster then running slower screws your leading , I also seen this erratic movements on the video above it's almost a matter of of luck of hitting with a rifle.

This should be P1 to fix...

Im really having mixed experiences. Near depots its almost impossible to rifle someone at 10m distance. It was difficult but less difficult.

At distance however i had no problem sniping 10 eis yesterday.  I do still think the gains (knowing someone comes around the door) are outweighted by the losses ( warpyness/feeling that this predictor code causes the defender to see you earlier than attacker)

Game experience was more stable before. You knew some enemies had an edge on you if you didnt move around in depot but if you moved around defending a depot wasnt all that bad.

What I have experienced the last few days is !

That I can shoot an EI see blood spatter ( me smg or lmg)  EI still gets his shot off ,I die ,then he dies right after. 

This all happens in close quarter combat. One instance I had was me LMG hit the EI with a Salvo in the head he bring his rifle up shoots once I die then after that he died.

Hard to win a war like that if the guy that should have no more head on his neck still can one shot kill you before before he drops.  

Like I said all that in close combat  within 1 or 3 meters.

Just seen the video with the warping EI in Namur, holy shiz,that is bad no wonder people log off, me included . Something needs to change.

Edited by dre21

Patch helped with a lot things, great work CRS

A few things need urgent tweaks though:

• Lag, game lag is brutal (happens when I enter a building/terrain, change weapons or get shot at)
  • Kills, I often see red splashes and nothing happening
  • Warping Inf (got a lot better though)
  • Late seeing of enemies (mentioned before)

Been playing for an hour or so right now after a several weeks break.

I can only say that my INF experience is basically the same than Sydspain had in Namur in the video he posted. In my case, in Caudry AB a few minutes ago.

It is QUITE FRUSTATING.

I still don't know how we are not living a riot here because the game is basically unplayable in this way. I do know CRS is working on this and I honestly thank them for the priceless efforts they are putting into this, but if we get to Steam with THIS state of things, this will be embarrasing, just saying.

- The eis take AGES to die in a good % of times.

- Completely unnatural moves.

- They warp

- When they jump off from a roof, stairs, ruins or when they simply rush out from the INF barracks the situation is still dramatic.

Edited by erasmo

• waver25 locked this topic