Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

RE: LAG, INFANTRY LAG, INFANTRY DEATH LAG, CRS WTF PREDICTOR CODE GRR!!! - MEGATHREAD

dm79

On 12/15/2016 at 1:09 PM, stankyus said:

CQB bind your x button to fire the riffle. Your first shot hits center screen 90% of the time. The problem is getting used to doing that. Bar showed me this little trick and when I remember to use it cause it is seemingly difficult to do so in those senerios but when I do, I often get first kill. Bar is an expert at that little tid bit.

Again, I was already familiar with this gamey trick ..... it has been known for years.  That is not what this thread is about though. Two weeks after my original post I continue to see people talk about this in the chat, in game. Wavers response is appreciated, but a "tweak fix" to correct this particualar new phenomena, that is only diminishing the quality of gameplay for many people, is going to be needed. And this isn't just about the idiosyncracies of internet connections ... Universally, rifles currently appear to have a 2 second advantage over smg's that never previously existed.

You don't need to do anything gamey whatsoever to reap the advantage that provides ....

<S>

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OLDZEKE

• waver25

• snappled

• sydspain

7 hours ago, snappled said:

Again, I was already familiar with this gamey trick ..... it has been known for years.  That is not what this thread is about though. Two weeks after my original post I continue to see people talk about this in the chat, in game. Wavers response is appreciated, but a "tweak fix" to correct this particualar new phenomena, that is only diminishing the quality of gameplay for many people, is going to be needed. And this isn't just about the idiosyncracies of internet connections ... Universally, rifles currently appear to have a 2 second advantage over smg's that never previously existed.

You don't need to do anything gamey whatsoever to reap the advantage that provides ....

<S>

Rifles have an advantage on CQC over Smgs?? :lol:

16 hours ago, sydspain said:

Rifles have an advantage on CQC over Smgs?? :lol:

Yes, currently. Exactly. And the advantage is not side-biased either ... I've been able to kill esmg's myself with a rifle when there is no way that should have been possible.

Edited by snappled

TBH, I have seen zero change in the riffle vrs smgs on my end. I still lose 10-1 against a smg in cqb and the same good riflemen who are quick still kill me as much as they did before when I meet them as a smg. I'm a mac client so mb there is a difference I'm not seening?

It could just be that the rifleman is just a good shot and experienced in rifle play. I don't use any special tricks or anything, and I still get plenty of rifle kills against SMGs and LMGs at point blank, whether that be through preaiming or hipfiring. No bugs or exploits going on here - it's literally just the fact that you forget that an SMG often requires multiple hits to kill someone - the rifle almost always only requires one. Therefore, the rifleman will always be able to kill people faster than the SMG, and it should always be that way as it would be FAR more devastating to get tagged by a .303, 7.5x54mm or 7.92x57mm than a 9mm or .45ACP can ever be, especially at point blank range.

It's not the work of bugs. It's not the work of exploits. It's not SMGs being underpowered or rifles being overpowered. It's just that some people are very skilled at rifle play and rifles have extremely good one shot lethality, like they always should have. 

8 hours ago, snappled said:

Yes, currently. Exactly. And the advantage is not side-biased either ... I've been able to kill esmg's myself with a rifle when there is no way that should have been possible.

What do you mean it shouldn't have been possible?

10 hours ago, rule303 said:

It could just be that the rifleman is just a good shot and experienced in rifle play. I don't use any special tricks or anything, and I still get plenty of rifle kills against SMGs and LMGs at point blank, whether that be through preaiming or hipfiring. No bugs or exploits going on here - it's literally just the fact that you forget that an SMG often requires multiple hits to kill someone - the rifle almost always only requires one. Therefore, the rifleman will always be able to kill people faster than the SMG, and it should always be that way as it would be FAR more devastating to get tagged by a .303, 7.5x54mm or 7.92x57mm than a 9mm or .45ACP can ever be, especially at point blank range.

It's not the work of bugs. It's not the work of exploits. It's not SMGs being underpowered or rifles being overpowered. It's just that some people are very skilled at rifle play and rifles have extremely good one shot lethality, like they always should have. 

So only just now, after more than a decade in the game, I am face to face with "good" players for the first time???

I'm forgetting that multiple rounds are required to kill with an SMG??? that's not correct either.

I am saying that I am dead before I can possibly even react. Not missing with a burst here ... not unprepared for CQC .... not making tactical errors .... Riflemen are seeing their opponents 2 seconds or more before SMG's are, and  ONLY since the new "predictor" code has been introduced.

6 hours ago, sydspain said:

What do you mean it shouldn't have been possible?

I refer to a couple of eSMG encounters when I was a rifle ..... came face to face, short range (less than fifteen feet), SMG's were prone, facing right at me .... I stopped running, raised and aimed my rifle, and killed, before my opponent could even squeeze out a round???? No way ..... I would expect to die in such encounters ..... but the other player has obviously not even seen me yet.

I have no recent encounters btw ... last week or so ... as I have mainly stopped playing infantry now. The predictor code is no improvement in infantry game-play from my perspective.

From my experience the predictor code HAS greatly reduced the cases of that happening, or when they do happen, the lag time between trade kills is much faster.

sorryxoom, but then 50% of the tank driver must have a connection issue. iregularely kill et's and get about 10% of the kills. andno not only et's that have been tracked. there is an issue with your servers, not the clients.

• Registered Users
15 hours ago, parasit said:

sorryxoom, but then 50% of the tank driver must have a connection issue. iregularely kill et's and get about 10% of the kills. andno not only et's that have been tracked. there is an issue with your servers, not the clients.

When 1 person is seeing the majority of his should be kills not killing that would seem to suggest that his connection  to the server may not be acting properly.

On 1/2/2017 at 3:44 PM, OldZeke said:

When 1 person is seeing the majority of his should be kills not killing that would seem to suggest that his connection  to the server may not be acting properly.

It's not only one person zeke, it's a bunch of them in our squad (see kchip). and with the latest patch the issue increased.

• Registered Users

There are issues. I see the unkillable ei occasionally too. It's being looked at. 

• Registered Users

Try setting the exe to run as admin, if no joy then try a reinstall.

If I play is shot in the users game and the player shot does not reponse in 1-1.5sec he should be automatically killed by the server.

Simple has that.. this is only if he get hit in some players computer not if he is idle and does not respond to the server.

Yesterday at gent E FB.

Pan camping inf tents, pulled out Pak 40. Got a clears shot at fully visible Pan 200-300 meters.

Fired 4-5 HE at Pan, no effect. reloaded to AP 2-3 shots. no efect.

RTB (pan eventually blew up from PAk 38) no hits at all registerd on my Pak 40 mission!!

• 2 weeks later...

Unkillable eis not really but eis turning around and thus warping all over... yes.

No issue on killing stuff/registering hits here.

Edited by monsjoex

Can we go back to last predictor code until UDP packet communication is working?

After 4 months I'm starting to get tired of warping eis everywhere, every day it pass i feel less excited to play. :(

1 hour ago, Mosizlak said:

Close combat is a mess again, I'm with reverting to the last update.

Fix the lag/predictor code with a new update. I don't want to lose the badly needed Mac fixes the latest update provided.

my first day back in a while and I got 8 kills the first spawn and 7 the second, both with a garand.  Didn't do any CQB, mostly blapping incoming ei on the edge of veurne. 

What I did notice and was a new phenomena to me was the 'rewind' - ei running in a straightish line would slide (not teleport) back a few metres then forward again.  This happened with multiple (but by no means all) eis alive at the same time so it wasn't just one player's dodgy connection.

During these last months I've been flying more than anything, cause the INF game has been messed up too much for my taste with the predictor. I know it's a work in progress and the CRS intentions are good. But the gameplay experience is not good.

Now I have a new and shiny PC and yesterday I spent like 2-3 hours on the ground. For testing it. Of course the game run now super smooth, I can play at max quality vid preferences and I have free FPS to sell if I want... But, the INF gameplay is still poor. Eis warping, Eis jumping from the spawns doing weird stuff, death lags from time to time, and maybe the worst thing.... It's really hard to rifle an ei running if he is further than 30-40m. The 100m shots are a joke now. No more one shot-one kill. At all.

To my end, this is not running good. In my opinion, the oficial explanation about the poor connections of just a few players is not enough for understanting what is happening here. 

Still, I am confidence the CRS team will find out a good fix for this.

In the same way we talk about the problems when we have them, it is fair now to say that the yesterday's hot fix has improved the INF game imho. I still think some details could be adressed but in general I can say:

- No death lags, no unkillable eis or eis taking ages to die

- Shooting at range now with a rifle and make decent kills without wasting the entire clip is fairly posible. Because the eis trajectories when running are again more natural and predictable.

So, good job CRS team. Keep on it, you are on the good track. S!

• waver25 locked this topic