Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Upcoming changes to new player experience & F2P

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

As we prepare for release on Steam, we need to evaluate our policies to ensure optimal experiences for all of our customers, old and new. After much internal discussion about the experience of new players in the game and a thorough review of the data and trends of our current free-to-play model, we have decided to make some changes to the way that new players are introduced into our unique combined arms battlefield environment.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=lHqmpeKmsZc:AGFuoPRqbmU:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=lHqmpeKmsZc:AGFuoPRqbmU:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=lHqmpeKmsZc:AGFuoPRqbmU:F7zBnMyn0Lo
lHqmpeKmsZc

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

You might want to do a bit more than a two week trial, for new Steam users.  Two weeks is long enough to not learn the game properly, get mad, and leave.  It may not be enough time for them to get over their ragequit and come back for another try.  Those are the ones we need, the ones who will come back and give the game another chance.  Could it, perhaps, be two one-week trial periods?  They could use them consecutively.  Or, they could use one and save the other for a while, using it when they chose.

-Irish

• Like 1

Perhaps on a F2P account let any extra XP count as "in game money" to buy short (1-2 days) starter subscriptions.

18 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

Two weeks is long enough to not learn the game properly, get mad, and leave.  It may not be enough time for them to get over their ragequit and come back for another try. 

-Irish

this

I think this makes perfect sense. I've never played any other online game than this so I can't speak to what other games do. An idea I'd throw out there is this:

ive read many comments over the years that the graphics in this game are sub par so that's a negative. The positives are size of map, numbers playing, and a better multi-arms experience, not even including squad play. I'd suggest identifying these two week (or whatever it works out) players so they clearly standout to the current player base, maybe a red name tag. If we the players know who these guys are beyond a green tag we can try to help them have the right kind of experience. 

That's actually a great idea.  If we could tell them from other greentags, we could welcome the new players, ingame, and make them feel like they're not being thrown to the wolves.

THEN, we throw them to the wolves!!!

(just kidding)

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1

2 weeks is not enough to rank up to lvl5. for greentags at least...

if they join in later tiers and play with vehicles they'll never kill anything too.

It's up now, but loads slowly. I thought it was still down…

Edited by Sparre
Slow server