Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

FMS taken down by aircraft cannon?

dandare9

We set up on Hesdin with multiple fms around town. One late tier hurri arrives and takes down several fms with CANNON!?

I thought only bombs, satchels or a hell of a lot of AP rounds would take fms down. How does a Hurri2c cannon equate to ap rounds?  It almost like taking the old boxes down. Please make it a bit harder or late tiers fms are gonna stay up for seconds.

Dandare9

all aircraft cannons are overpowered vs the FMS, the AAA and HEAT charges were the same.

the RAF 20mm's are bugged, they use projectile speed/weight to deliver "HE style damage" instead of the rounds HE burst charge weight like every other HE weapon...

here's my testing data from the training server:

On 2/27/2017 at 9:00 AM, major0noob said:

interesting note, the spit's (and only the spit) BB's had noticeable effect on damage, not as much as the axis 20mm's but more than the french .50's all other BB's had no effect.

used all my BB's on one and RTB'd with a extra 30 cannon rounds.

the dewy needs 300+ 20mm's as well.

edit: did some offline testing.

RAF 20mm's need 100 to drop them (1400 BB's drop it to 85)

FAF 20mm's need 350 to drop them  (.50's do nothing)

LW 20mm's need 300 to drop them (BB's do nothing)

Serman 75mm HE needs 46 to drop them

in my FMS damage testing i found their cannons were 3x stronger than every other nations including the french who should be using a similar weapon.

their MG rounds are causing HE damage as well. they're the only aircraft that deal HE damage.

from my tests:

this damage is regarding the FMS

On 2/27/2017 at 9:00 AM, major0noob said:

RAF 20mm's need 100 to drop them (1400 BB's drop it to 85)

FAF 20mm's need 350 to drop them  (.50's do nothing)

LW 20mm's need 300 to drop them (BB's do nothing)

Serman 75mm HE needs 46 to drop them

i think they're using speed/weight to calculate "HE-style damage" instead of explosive content like every other weapon.

@major0noob

Interesting stuff. Couple questions, if you'd be so kind, how are you calculating the drop to 85% on 1400 BBs? FMS damage is not visible in-game. So you must be using some baseline right?

• Registered Users
19 hours ago, major0noob said:

all aircraft cannons are overpowered vs the FMS, the AAA and HEAT charges were the same.

the RAF 20mm's are bugged, they use projectile speed/weight to deliver "HE style damage" instead of the rounds HE burst charge weight like every other HE weapon...

here's my testing data from the training server:

Well you seem to have better tools than QA has, care to explain further?

my baseline was 100 spit shots to drop a FMS, after using 1400 MG rounds i only needed 85 to drop a FMS.

a couple of quick energy calculations and the .303's have about 1/10'th the energy of the 20mm's.

• 3 weeks later...

This hasn't fallen by the wayside @major0noob @dandare9. Alpha team has been cranking away on testing for 1.35.8 and netcode3. We're also working on bringing in some additional testers for closed beta testing as we moved forward towards steam and into the future.

http://forums.wwiionline.com/forums/announcement/205-wanted-closed-beta-testers/

Lots to do around here at this point! It does certainly appear that the cannons on the Hurri IIC are over-powered relative to the amount of damage they cause on enemy Fortified Mobile Spawns. We had this issue with HE rounds when we initially rolled out the FMS a few patches ago and were able to come up with a fix for ground vehicles. We'll likely revisit all aircraft in the future in terms of cannon damage to the FMS specifically.

not just the hurri, the spit too... the MG rounds for all RAF aircraft as well.

can you check if they're bugged with HE style damage, unlike the FAF and LW their MG's are very good at exploding enemy planes.

in my limited experience the LW need 2000-3000 rounds on a twin engine bomber to take it down, the FAF as well. while the RAF only need a 2 second MG burst to blow off a wing or turn it into a flaming black holk.

Edited by major0noob