Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

[CONFIRMED] Further forward than you think you are. [790]

imded

As an INF and I am behind the edge of a building or edge of roof, I get killed by someone that SHOULD NOT see me.

So, my death cam shows me 2-3 feet further forward. Same for the DESPAWN CAM.

Are the EI or whoever able to see me further forward than I think I am???

Is this a glitch in the coding?

I have been pondering this for YEARS.

When you think your hiding but you are NOT.

• Like 1

i had this issue with a tank a few weeks ago, a et cut a crossroads so i stayed behind cover cutting my side of the road. went a bit closer to cut a building while staying behind cover. 3m before the front of my tank gets into his cut i get shot at and hit.

this was a full building length of solid cover, no windows or doors, but it was like my tank was in the middle of the crossroads.

here's a (high quality) pic:

17796780_1473804579318987_13565089223283

• Like 1

I have this issue all the time. Also, you don't see the enemy and get killed and then you see him running around the corner.

This and the lag when you enter a CP/AB is really annoying.

It's vertical as well as horizontal.  A few months ago, someone posted some screenshots someone else took of his avatar, kneeling and prone behind a hill.  When he was prone and thought only the top of his guy's head was showing, his entire upper torso was visible to others.  However, when he was kneeling, the effect was much less, with only his entire head and none of his body showing.  You can think you're standing a couple feet back from a window, when you're actually standing right in the window, clearly visible to all.  The point of view definitely needs to be adjusted.

-Irish

This is an issue for me as well, sometimes I'm prone against a wall, POV behind the wall, then when I get shot my death cam shows my whole upper body stuck through the wall.

3 hours ago, delems said:

Your eyes are in the middle of your spine for the game, that is why.

Fixed that for ya!  :)  But srsly, it seems to be about the PoV we get.

-Irish

Yup. This is confirmed. It's been a thing for quite some time. It all has to do with the camera position on the infantry, since the camera is mounted in the chest. This is something I'd personally like to see fixed before steam but I'm not certain that's in the cards. It's definitely something that is on the shortlist.

48 minutes ago, parasit said:

You made me nervous when you said " the camera is mounted in the chest " as it's rather the belly ;)

Yea fair enough. It's definitely in the torso.

Yup. This is confirmed. It's been a thing for quite some time. It all has to do with the camera position on the infantry

Note though that the second post in the thread is reporting that a tank was seen as several meters farther forward than it saw itself.

The infantry issue has been around since 2001, and was the intentional result of a design decision having to do with clipping into the terrain when prone on slopes, or clipping through a building wall when rotating while prone near that wall.

The tank (or other game object) issue has come up before as the "offset bug". I thought it was said to have been fixed. Perhaps not?

• Registered Users
15 hours ago, jwilly said:

Note though that the second post in the thread is reporting that a tank was seen as several meters farther forward than it saw itself.

The infantry issue has been around since 2001, and was the intentional result of a design decision having to do with clipping into the terrain when prone on slopes, or clipping through a building wall when rotating while prone near that wall.

The tank (or other game object) issue has come up before as the "offset bug". I thought it was said to have been fixed. Perhaps not?

Offset was found, replicated and fixed as to infantry. Was never verified in a reproducible way for vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, OldZeke said:

Offset was found, replicated and fixed as to infantry.

FIXED?!?!?! my azz. Still the same. Saw it last nite. Still forward of visual spot.

Offset and visible infantry position are/were two separate anomalies I believe.  Offset was corrected..........and as WAVER said infantry visible position is/was not.  Hopefully in the future.

• Registered Users
2 hours ago, bmw said:

Offset and visible infantry position are/were two separate anomalies I believe.  Offset was corrected..........and as WAVER said infantry visible position is/was not.  Hopefully in the future.

Correct.

Offset could get so bad as to have you appear to be outside a building you were in.

INF camera position is still something needing attention.

On 4/11/2017 at 2:08 PM, WAVER25 said:

Yup. This is confirmed. It's been a thing for quite some time. It all has to do with the camera position on the infantry, since the camera is mounted in the chest. This is something I'd personally like to see fixed before steam but I'm not certain that's in the cards. It's definitely something that is on the shortlist.

here's a thread with some more infantry issues, sounds like this is why the deployed LMG's are soo easy to kill

hatch said they're looking into the other animation issues, if there're enough issues/annoyances think you guys can try a full infantry overhaul?

20 hours ago, major0noob said:

here's a thread with some more infantry issues, sounds like this is why the deployed LMG's are soo easy to kill

hatch said they're looking into the other animation issues, if there're enough issues/annoyances think you guys can try a full infantry overhaul?

^^^^^^^ What he said.

Its not just the infantry.

Years ago I discussed and did bug reports on the POV of may of the ATG/AAA units.

It is not quite what you expect, but better

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...