Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Realism, Equipment Balancing, Steam launch coming soon!

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOMToday we'll talk about the things we're doing to make our game more realistic; our equipment balancing strategy, and Steam's deployment status. Within Steam we'll cover how subscriptions for those users will be handled, cell hosts (what they are and why they're important), training tutorials now being a requirement and other preparations underway as launch day approaches.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=c3VK_mginu0:qEJOsgBN8Tw:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=c3VK_mginu0:qEJOsgBN8Tw:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=c3VK_mginu0:qEJOsgBN8Tw:F7zBnMyn0Lo
c3VK_mginu0

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Can we still play the game without Steam? Maybe once a year to play some Steam-Exclusive titles, I reinstall the client.

• CORNERED RAT
6 hours ago, disi said:

Can we still play the game without Steam? Maybe once a year to play some Steam-Exclusive titles, I reinstall the client.

yes playing the game without steam will definitely be possible (and given what steam takes per account is actually preferred )

We're going to need an influx of High Command officers to support game operations around the clock for both AHC and GHC. If you can devote a minimum of 3 months service right before Steam's release the Rats would be very grateful. As you know we are deploying on Steam with the brigade system

I think this is going to be a problem; getting enough officers is going to need a marketing campaign all its own.

Putting in the HE audit AFTER Steam?

New players are going to come in, see HE is useless and be like:

Homer-Walks-Into-Bar-and-Leaves.gif

We should really be working out the kinks that will inevitably follow even THAT audit before a Steam launch and then having, say... floating tanks, infantry running in place after being shot, or some other nightmare that any patch has the potential to bring.

Still, and I mean this from the bottom of my vile, black heart: I hope the Steam launch infuses much needed funds and gives the game a boost once again. I hope there is enough money to commit people to those vitally important tasks so the game can really be solid.

We do that, and it'll blow up.

It blowing up means we'll be hearing about WWIIOL 2.0 on a new engine sooner!!!

5 hours ago, david01 said:

I think this is going to be a problem; getting enough officers is going to need a marketing campaign all its own.

Ugh.. you're right.

This is like asking your most fervent supporters to punch themselves in the junk just to kill a fly on their crotch that just flew over from the steaming pile of offal that is the TOEs/flag system.

I'd do it if it was life or death, but ugh... I have so much else to do IRL that playing flags isn't going to be in the cards mate.

I'd be interested in joining if it meant I could just play cheerleader and set up on AOs/DOs in an official capacity.

In fact, I'll stop playing Allied sorties now so I'll be eligible to join up. Just please don't ever make me take map.

• Free Play Account

The game is being released on Steam "as is" except for 

-Tutorial is now a requirement

-Additional Cell hosts 

No patches or other fixes??

Really need to take 'Realism' out of anything you advertise until the grease gun is gone from french and tier 0.

They need their own SMG.

Same for brits and sten.

• Like 1

Give HC control of unit/weapon research and production. Theres your realism.

Also, some sort of perk to justify putting the work in? like a premium subscription discount would encourage a whole lot of HC recruits.... You know, considering theyre literally working for CRS....

15 hours ago, spargel said:

Give HC control of unit/weapon research and production. Theres your realism.

Also, some sort of perk to justify putting the work in? like a premium subscription discount would encourage a whole lot of HC recruits.... You know, considering theyre literally working for CRS....

It's not bad enough having them decide when and where to move supply to?!?

Or NOT move supply to?

Nope.

Less micromanagement, more leading in the field.

I want HC to be enlisted officers, not career Risk players.

39 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

It's not bad enough having them decide when and where to move supply to?!?

Simple.
Have the playerbase, during intermission, vote on an RDP path for the next campaign.
Each subscribed account can only vote for one side's RDP.
Then HC carries it out based on the voting results.

38 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

I want HC to be enlisted officers, not career Risk players.

That kind of is one purpose of having HC
To help play out the strategy aspect of the game.
And they do listen to player input

Edited by merlin51