Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Squads prep for Steam and Free Play Account info

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOMOn the first month of our release we're expecting to get absolutely pounded by new users trying us out. Squads should be preparing right away for the on boarding of new users. We'll also cover understanding that WWII Online is a subscription based game and not micro-transactions or the standard Free to Play type game. And finally, our development cycle to deploy on Steam is getting close to completion. Friday Update audio recording from "Xoom" (click here).

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=G7gYl_rZlPU:kNZ8rB57o-Q:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=G7gYl_rZlPU:kNZ8rB57o-Q:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=G7gYl_rZlPU:kNZ8rB57o-Q:F7zBnMyn0Lo
G7gYl_rZlPU

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Is the Steam Release Candidate what we are playing right now, or are there new updates/features?

Bump for Rat's attention.

Is the Steam Release Candidate what we are playing right now, or are there new updates/features?

Would have loved to implement HE audit patch and work out the bugs before Steam.

Still, it's a stable platform as is, and the influx of funds will help in setting resources to problems.

Cheers!

On 7/25/2017 at 4:49 PM, vasduten1 said:

Would have loved to implement HE audit patch and work out the bugs before Steam.

Same.

I have faith, but I have deep concerns about the logic of the thinking here:

Release to Steam as is, and THEN within a month or two, release a potentially significantly game-altering patch that could cause major complaints from infantry players (increased effectiveness of HE; more dying to mortar fire, HE rounds, bombs, etc)?

CRS seems to be rationalizing this decision by assuming that they can be seen updating and improving the game right off the bat with a major new patch....but they may not be learning *all* of the lessons of the past 16 years. 

What sense does it make to have a major game release and then have a major gameplay-altering patch (with enormous potential for complaints) soon afterward?

I dont know that i would call HE major gameplay altering per se
It wont change how the core game is played, just fix effectiveness of a weapons category that right now gets laughed at a little.

Personally i think it will be received like "Holy F*** look what my grenade/mortar/bomb/HE round just did!!"

4 hours ago, monsjoex said:

nades working will change gameplay z lot.

Not really.
Not in a game sweeping way, like if the capture rules or something like that was totally changed.

What it will do is make something we are already doing have more the effect we were hoping for in the 1st place.

Unless you are one of those who banks on your own explosion not killing you, then you may be just a teensey bit upset.

One thing it will change a lot is when your nade decides to bounce off a door or window frame, and so you just side step it a bit and duck.
Yea now that will result in lots of panicked running and screaming :) 

1 minute ago, merlin51 said:

Not really.
Not in a game sweeping way, like if the capture rules or something like that was totally changed.

What it will do is make something we are already doing have more the effect we were hoping for in the 1st place.

Unless you are one of those who banks on your own explosion not killing you, then you may be just a teensey bit upset.

One thing it will change a lot is when your nade decides to bounce off a door or window frame, and so you just side step it a bit and duck.
Yea now that will result in lots of panicked running and screaming :) 

I don't throw nades as they don't have any effect and you usually just get shot with the nade in your hand...

Same for HE shells. Will be a lot easier to clear a destroyed capture building with HE shells from a tank. No more "have to hit the roof exactly above the EI" issues.