Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Posting mission at linked depot when town switches sides?

xanthus

Trying to understand the expected functionality (and whether or not it's bugged, could be improved)...

We are attacking town X from town Y with brigade 1. We have the FB.

We have the linked depot (X-Y depot) and a mission there; we can spawn in. 

We finally cap the armybase of town X.

Now we can no longer spawn at the X-Y depot. *This* functionality makes zero sense to me; if it is expected and due to underlying game mechanics, it should be changed.

Brigade 1 is still in town Y. Nobody is moving it. Town X is German. We still own the FB.

Any further attempts to post a mission at X-Y depot from brigade 1 (or any other brigade in town Y) are not allowed, therefore it is now impossible to spawn at town X.

If this is expected and proper functionality, it makes absolutely zero sense. "We've taken the town guys, great job! Now our supply is cut off."

What am I not understanding here?

Edited by xanthus

In the scenario where "capping the armybase" leads to the entire town being captured, you can only spawn there once the enemy has AO'd it.

You wont need to spawn there unless the enemy counters the town.. in which case they ao it :P

Edited by monsjoex

You definitely *will* need to spawn there!...to mop up all the nme units still in the town! (ie the guys who could be killing your buddies who are already spawned in while you are rewarded for your cap by being disallowed from further spawning and are therefore helpless).

If the expected functionality is REALLY this, it should be changed. This is a no-brainer.

Edited by xanthus

Capping the AB but not owning the town shuts off all spawning in town by both sides.
At that point the town is kind of logistical limbo.

FM's will still function though, and so will warping.
Once you have bounced the defending BDE, best next step is to pull your FMs into your owned CP's and finish caps.

This is why the 2 step cap, while profitable is risky

Am i misunderstanding the scenario?

Edited by merlin51

I agree; it's dumb.

Both side should still be able to spawn in linking, (spawn,) CPs.

So when the AB is held by the other side, you can still set missions from the capped spawnable but when YOU cap it you can't?!?

Dumb.

39 minutes ago, vasduten1 said:

I agree; it's dumb.

Both side should still be able to spawn in linking, (spawn,) CPs.

So when the AB is held by the other side, you can still set missions from the capped spawnable but when YOU cap it you can't?!?

Dumb.

I dont think it is an on purpose thing as much as maybe a limitation of some sort.
Booting something from the AB (or all AB's in a multi AB town) turns off all spawning.
I agree the logic is a bit quirky if you look at it from a "Why did you purposely make it this way?" stand point.
I cant remember it not being this way, i am pretty sure its the reason people used to always yell Cap the AB last.

That's why it is important, when you kick an AB before owning, you start walking the MS/FRU/FM/Fun Name Todays Into town soon as you boot the enemy brigade out.
They give you basically unthrottled spawns to get in and get it handled.

So while the mechanic has a quirky flaw, we have the tool to counter the flaw already in hand, which has a side benefit of having a larger pool to spawn from