Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Alerts gone (re-enabling has no effect)

xanthus

This may be a reproducible bug...

I moved my HUD elements around, disabled certain of them; I then reset my HUD (ctrl+y) and re-enabled everything.

Alerts are the only part of the HUD that didn't come back. Disabling the alerts again, then re-enabling them, restarting the game, etc. has no effect whatsoever. The time setting for the alerts is default (adjusting it likewise has no effect because the alerts don't show).

Again, this may be a reproducible bug:
It is possible that I moved the alerts off-screen (by clicking and dragging), and that, despite resetting the HUD, the alerts are the only HUD element not reset (which means CRS forgot to reposition the alerts when player resets HUD). That's the only explanation I can come up with.

For the record, this really has a negative effect on my gameplay: Every time anything changes hands, I have to pull up the map and figure out what it was (this can take a bit of time in big cities).

Edited by xanthus

53 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

in your docs\battlegound europe folder
delete or rename the xml to reset it all to default

Totally forgot about the xml file! Will try this and let you know if it worked, thanks! :) 

Just want to confirm that this did not work. Deleted the xml file (now default settings). I still don't have alerts. At this point, I have to assume that this is a bug...

Edited by xanthus