Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Community Report: August 15, 2017

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

World War II Online Version 1.35.9.1 dominates this report. The Saturday night (12 August) update had its share of difficulties. With the game being down for hours over a Saturday night and Sunday morning, installation of the update was unable to be completed by our dedicated but frustrated team of Rats. Stay tuned for news as to when this will be attempted again, as this is a very important update on the road to the game's release on Steam.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=u9x-s96pr5c:b8X0IhymVNI:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=u9x-s96pr5c:b8X0IhymVNI:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=u9x-s96pr5c:b8X0IhymVNI:F7zBnMyn0Lo
u9x-s96pr5c

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

No fair, no details on the difficulties.
Where is the AAR?
We need details, how else are we supposed to post about how we could have done it better?
:D

Nope...  The details are for a Dev Update.  I'm staying out of that kettle of fish.  :)

By the way guys, I didn't get ANY reports from squads this time.  I need AARs and videos of what the squads have been up to.  We especially need videos with folks using Discord, which show teamwork and coordination.  Get them to me to get them included in a future Community Report.

Also, checking on the GoFundMe page for Sal's (Exlax's) funeral expenses, it appears it's stalled at just over 50%.  The last donation was a week ago.  If you can afford even a few bucks, please consider contributing.  It would be awesome if Sal's ingame friends, from both sides of the battle line, could be the ones who push this over the top.  His page is HERE.  <---(Link)

Thanks!

-Irish

This was posted to WWIIOL’s facebook..

On Saturday we had attempted to release version (1.35.9.1) but ran into unforeseen and impassable technical issues that we are now resolving behind the scenes. Conducting this effort was necessary and provided the most time efficient understanding on how to proceed. 

CRS is in the process of trying this in a more controlled environment to verify the fixes will work properly. Once verified, we will be releasing this Software and updating our Hardware properly. Thanks to everyone for your patience on Saturday, and your encouragement as always. S!

10 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

Nope...  The details are for a Dev Update.  I'm staying out of that kettle of fish.  :)

Awe come on, it wont be like last time, promise
giphy.gif

10 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

We especially need videos with folks using Discord, which show teamwork and coordination.

Id say some of us are a bit too colorful for sensitive viewing audiences :)
The following presentation may not be suitable for viewers under the age of 117 without parental guidance.

.be]

I'm reserving my excitement for version 1.35.9.9.99999

Then I know that chit's about to get REAL.

:)

I need videos,  AARs, and such.  If you want your squad in the Community Report, please SUBMIT things for inclusion!

-Irish