Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Flight skills.

vixplay

I want to fly planes in the game and other missions, I don't have a flight joystick and i only play with keyboard and mouse. How can I get better at flying and mowing down enemies? I really want to try these things out. 

As a total flight noob I tried using the mouse for about a week. Awful, the way this game is made you need a flight stick it is a night and day difference.

Edited by targetdron
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have a USB game pad, such as on a PS 3?  Even that would be much better than a mouse.  If you're in the US, try GameStop or Walmart.com.  They should have them cheap.

-Irish

On 8/24/2017 at 3:15 PM, vixplay said:

Mhm... $40.. I am only 15, sadly. 

Do some chores around the house then buddy. Trust us, if you want to be even half way decent at flying in this game you need a controller of some sort. Keyboard and mouse will work but its much more difficult and I've found that I can't turn as sharp with it.

On 8/24/2017 at 4:15 PM, vixplay said:

Mhm... $40.. I am only 15, sadly. 

Go to gamestop
Buy a used wired Xbox 360 controller.
This will work as a joystick in windows 8 and 10 just by plugging it in.

Not the best flightstick, but magnitudes better than flying by centerless mouse, and keyboard.

Sad times these must be?
At 15 40 bucks was easy to get.
Unfortunately it got spent on Share of rent, books etc for school, food, some clothing from goodwill.
Roughly in about that order

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2017 at 2:42 PM, merlin51 said:

Go to gamestop
Buy a used wired Xbox 360 controller.
This will work as a joystick in windows 8 and 10 just by plugging it in.

Not the best flightstick, but magnitudes better than flying by centerless mouse, and keyboard.

Sad times these must be?
At 15 40 bucks was easy to get.
Unfortunately it got spent on Share of rent, books etc for school, food, some clothing from goodwill.
Roughly in about that order

I'm house poor, if that makes you guys feel any better.

Another good place for joysticks is local thrift stores and flea markets.  I got a couple of my Extreme 3D Pros at a local thrift store for $5 or less.  They cleaned up, calibrated, and work perfectly.  I have one of them on my desk right now, rather than the one I bought new.

-Irish