Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

tips for finding range

Roto

so currently I just leave the range on my rifle at 200 meters. I fire a shot, if it falls short, I bump up. I'm just curious if there is a better way.

A lot of it is just practice, the basic 200m setting is standard. One trick is to keep your weapon zoomed in after you've fired it (Keep the aim button pressed). This lets you see your fall of shot more accurately. For new players, I suggest aiming at your targets belt buckle. If he's closer than you think, your shot will go higher and still hit him. You can also practice at the firing range in offline mode, or at the training server. In game, try to avoid firing at enemies that are moving perpendicular to yourself until you have a better hang on the adjustments needed to hit. Also, be patient, use cover, and change positions after you have fired.

• Like 1

You've pretty much got the gist of it.

In time you will be able to recognize a silhouette at 300, 400, 500, 600M This also helps when making marks on the map. 

6 hours ago, Roto said:

so currently I just leave the range on my rifle at 200 meters. I fire a shot, if it falls short, I bump up. I'm just curious if there is a better way.

run game in offline mode

walk over to the target range

place clones at the various different range targets

now come back to the firing line

now you can visually accustom yourself to the appearance at different ranges, without someone shooting holes in you 

• Like 1

Merlin has it.

To place a clone hit the space bar. At the rifle range, you have it all marked out and can stand next to the targets.

Walk back to the firing line and turn around. There you have it.

Practice head shots. Do the clones still die?

You can leave them all over the range at various distances and practice.

Yep clones die and scream
positioning needs fixed on them still but you can put them in buildings bunkers etc
When positioning is fixed, think next patch maybe (hope?), you will be able to set them prone deployed etc again.

To use any town in offline mode, select unit, then selct town and spawn facility before spawning
when respawning make SURE to select the town and SAME spawn facility again and your clones wont reset.

You can also set tank clones trucks PPO's etc to set up various target practicing.

Only infantry die as they need no complex DM in play, but still useful ranging shrecks and what not.

20 hours ago, merlin51 said:

run game in offline mode

walk over to the target range

place clones at the various different range targets

now come back to the firing line

now you can visually accustom yourself to the appearance at different ranges, without someone shooting holes in you 

+1 thanks

• 1 month later...

One method I've used is to see the various terrain features w/without my nocs. Then I place a target marker near where it seems to be on the map and cursoring over it gives the estimated range........close enough. It works well with tanks and mortars as well. It helps if you have a definite terrain feature like a road or river then you can quickly estimate the ranges between the mark and u. With mortars it works well in towns and you can also 'activate' the mark so you can more closely guess the directiotion which you can then move the mortar slightly side to side, up/down to broaden the barrage area.

zimm out

Edited by zimmer
spelling

The other suggestion that I have would be to understand where you're fighting.  If you're inside of town, I would decrease the distance to 100m by default.  If you're outside of town, and roaming around I would start at the 200m and then follow the other suggestions listed above.  If you're attacking a specific target, I would get the approximate distance from the map and and adjust accordingly based on your placement to it.

Jlangemann  

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:08 PM, jlangemann said:

The other suggestion that I have would be to understand where you're fighting.  If you're inside of town, I would decrease the distance to 100m by default.  If you're outside of town, and roaming around I would start at the 200m and then follow the other suggestions listed above.  If you're attacking a specific target, I would get the approximate distance from the map and and adjust accordingly based on your placement to it.

Jlangemann  

This is very  good advice.

• 2 weeks later...

After a while you wont use the variable sites that often - though I still do with the sniper more often. I just hold off with the riffle. I find it more often that if you adjust the sites and have to move, you tend to have an EI pop up much closer and you miss.