Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.35.10.1 Release & Readme

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

With the previous release, 1.35.10.0, it was discovered that there was an issue with the Halftrack SPAA vehicle that was just introduced. This hotfix corrects this issue and also adds a few other tweaks for both SPAA vehicles that we think will make them even better to play with.

View the readme for more information

S!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=B0H2USmBHus:xlddd14kBYQ:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=B0H2USmBHus:xlddd14kBYQ:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=B0H2USmBHus:xlddd14kBYQ:F7zBnMyn0Lo
B0H2USmBHus

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Why is the 37mm using 34x 6?  Shouldn't it be 25x 8?

Pretty sure the feed system was 8-round clips as show in this picture of Flak 43 ammo.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-301-1957-34,_Nord

Edited by delems

A reference I found from "http://world-war-2.wikia.com/wiki/3.7_cm_FlaK_18".

Further improving on the then standard German anti-aircraft weapon, the FlaK 37 used an eight round magazine....

It also states Flak 18 was ROF 80, and Flak 43 ROF 150; it didn't state the Flak 36/37 ROF.

It talks about the BK modification too.

A third reference does state Flak 36/37 ROF was 120 and has this picture:

weapon_flak18363743_12.jpg

Edited by delems

3 hours ago, delems said:

Why is the 37mm using 34x 6?  Shouldn't it be 25x 8?

Pretty sure the feed system was 8-round clips as show in this picture of Flak 43 ammo.

Think the 3.7cm flak 43 used a longer rack due to increased ROF with the 3.7cm flak 36 using 6 round

3.7cm Flak 36 120 cyclic, i don't actually know the difference between it and the 3.7cm flak 37, i know the sights changed but i don't know what else.

These are supposed to be pics of flak 36 as opposed to flak 18
the ammo trays are 6 round, take accuracy with a grain of salt, i wasnt there when the pics were taken (No really, i wasnt)

sdkfz_7_2_armed_with_a_3.7_cm_FlaK_36_L_

AlMagnus_Revell_03207_ref_Flak36_mod.jpg

Ya, wondering that myself.  I have seen a few references to 6 round clips; just not near as many.

Even a 5 round clip for the navy version.

Guess we'll have to have 2 SPAA then :), be nice for tier change; can bring the 7/2 43 in tier 3 maybe.

The 7/2 36/37 with 6 round clip and 120 ROF and

the 7/2 43 with 8 round clip and 150 ROF.

Should be easy? Copy the model, change the clip size and ROF, rename and go.

A tad more work and we can have all 3 as ground pushed/towed models!

Flak 18, 80 ROF

Flak 36/37, 120 ROF

Flak 43, 150 ROF

Edited by delems

NkoLIoX.jpg

The pzgr reticule lines only go to 15 (1500m), while the sprgr goes to 30 (3000m).  The top and bottom degree lines are 0 (center) then 10 and then 20 degrees on either side of the center line.  AP is on the left side of reticule;  he is on the right side.  o,5,8,10,12,15,18,20,23,25,27 and lastly 30, starting at the top of the reticule cross going down to about 1 cm from the bottom of the lens.

Edited by fallsjager

4 hours ago, delems said:

Ya, wondering that myself.

From further reading, it's a change in sight only on the 37, all else is same as 36
No idea what the sight looks like physically through the lens, amazing no one took pics of this stuff back then for us to see now.

4 hours ago, delems said:

the 7/2 43 with 8 round clip

I'm thinking that 150 ROF is probably the driving factor in the change to 8 round holder
so the loaders could keep up during sustained fire.

We dont think about it in game, but there was actually a couple guys busting hump to keep ammo jacked in those things constantly.

Even worse, the quad flak 38's which emptied mags like nothing, and you can't just drop those in the hopper.
Imagine 4 loaders contending with that.