Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

First Look: New (Old) bunkers and Mission Leader Stretch Goal

Cornered Rats

• Registered Users

LMAO at the cammo nets. Who at CRS suggested that it would help conceal the bunker from bombers?

do you have pictures, french uniforms?

in combat, it is normaly adrian helmet (the grade is at the sleeve), tunic, officer's breeches, putty band, watch, or brown boot, belt, box revolver 1892 or PA 35 or box ruby 

• Free Play Account

10 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

LMAO at the cammo nets. Who at CRS suggested that it would help conceal the bunker from bombers?

Pretty sure its a work in progress Zee.;)

The great thing about the old bunkers was the layout.  The dimensions and placement of the rooms and halls made for great battles.  Long halls made were key!! Can you provide a floor plan of the new 'old' bunkers'.

Edited by GrAnit

• Free Play Account
7 hours ago, GrAnit said:

Can you provide a floor plan of the new 'old' bunkers'.

Related image

• Like 3

On 07/04/2018 at 8:52 AM, pzmause said:

do you have pictures, french uniforms?

in combat, it is normaly adrian helmet (the grade is at the sleeve), tunic, officer's breeches, putty band, watch, or brown boot, belt, box revolver 1892 or PA 35 or box ruby 

Tiens un revenant 

6 hours ago, Pittpete said:

Related image

Well, at least it is better than the current design! Lol.

The ramp up is an easy to camp spot...entry points to a bunker should be covered or at very least dug in like a trench system. Multiple entry exits are required or it becomes yet another camp fest.

Remember HE will be super dangerous soon.

8 minutes ago, droptow said:

The ramp up is an easy to camp spot...entry points to a bunker should be covered or at very least dug in like a trench system. Multiple entry exits are required or it becomes yet another camp fest.

Remember HE will be super dangerous soon.

A lot of what you are looking at from the ramp down is below grade, so that when the building is placed on a slope
that instead of floating in mid air like i am sure you have seen some buildings do it will have foundation and material to build itself up.
So on flat ground, all of that would disappear underground because it isnt needed, on ground with a little slope, the ramp would appear a little
on a more inclined slope, more of the ramp and foundation would appear.

• Registered Users
20 hours ago, merlin51 said:

A lot of what you are looking at from the ramp down is below grade, so that when the building is placed on a slope
that instead of floating in mid air like i am sure you have seen some buildings do it will have foundation and material to build itself up.
So on flat ground, all of that would disappear underground because it isnt needed, on ground with a little slope, the ramp would appear a little
on a more inclined slope, more of the ramp and foundation would appear.

Are there underground rooms ?

4 minutes ago, Zebbeee said:

Are there underground rooms ?

No. It's all above ground other than what is hidden. The ramp goes below ground in case it's on a hill, only part of it is exposed. So normally you only see a tiny fraction of it.  The rest is hidden just in case.

Personally I think the old floor plans play very well and should be kept.  Just update the art.  

43 minutes ago, brady said:

I thought they could not go below ground with the terain editor ?

I don't think they can go below ground and be usable (so no underground rooms). This is like a foundation that can be sunk into the ground; it's for visual effect only.

If you've ever played an RTS that has irregular terrain and building, you've almost certainly seen building models with this extended foundation that clips into the ground so it doesn't look awful.

• 2 weeks later...

Im so old I remember a tunnel in game I think that means they can do underground if they choose

• Like 1

long hallways with murderholes, no windows to the outside that lets outsiders shoot defenders in the back,  if there are windows, that window should be walled in so no damage could be done to defenders unless they stand at the window.

the bunker should the defenders hood.

1 hour ago, phenom said:

Im so old I remember a tunnel in game I think that means they can do underground if they choose

Ah, the old tunnel through the mountain on the E road into dinant

I'm extremely excited by this, but sorry, not impressed by the French CO model so far.

Models01-vi.jpg

A commissioned officer allowed to wear the képi would typically not wear the soldier's coat, and definitely not these pants and webbing.

Please have a look at some research here:

• 4 weeks later...

The "tunnel" you recall was always just a clever fake. It acted like a tunnel, and looked a little like one, but it was always above the ground plane. The stuff around it was built up to make it appear it went underground, but it never really did. Bloody rats. Always stealing your cat food.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 1:39 AM, DOC said:

The "tunnel" you recall was always just a clever fake. It acted like a tunnel, and looked a little like one, but it was always above the ground plane. The stuff around it was built up to make it appear it went underground, but it never really did. Bloody rats. Always stealing your cat food.

A question I've had for 17 years:

Was the "stuff around it was built up" terrain work referenced above, originally an experiment to see if the additional amount of Producer work involved and the CPU/GPU cycle cost of the more complex 3D location math would be a tolerable cost for having all the tiles say 10 meters higher relative to zero height, so that trenches, foxholes and craters would be possible?

Edited by jwilly