Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Allied Players of the Battles of vervins Apr 19, Battle of Brussels Apr 21!

hateract

On April 19th Hirson fell to the Axis, in the subsequent days I have seen some of the most heroic, spine tingling epic fights in wwiionline that I have ever seen in in my time as AHC. Never have the odds been so great or the consequences so dire. 

On the day of April 19th, Axis conquered the city of Hirson, our fallbacks we bad and our lines in shambles. No less than 3 divisions and the fate of Laon and the map were at stake. The Axis had an entire divisions worth of bdes, in their way was a single allied armoured bde and its HQ. For many hours the defenders in Verviers held on, with whatever equipment they had left. Yet, somehow...somehow they held the line, not only in time for reinforcements, but for us to properly withdraw and create a new line of defense. These actions were exemplary!. 

And yet again, on April 21st, again you guys went above and beyond. In the morning you surprised the Axis with the captures of Leuven and Tienen, yet by that late afternoon we were yet again in a desperate gamble for our lives. Brussels was down to a single AB and CP, and yet, through determination and herculean effort, the city was liberated, no units were pocketed and we lived to fight another day. 

We have had a rough run of things this campaign guys; between lopsided spawn lists, AHC mistakes and even the general little things that cost us campaigns, you have stood through it. There has been much talk about losing vets, and about being able to cover "the basics" and as a whole struggling to work together as a faction. These battles Prove we have it within ourselves to overcome impossible odds, work together and snatch victory against all odds. 

Its within us allies, to win. And maybe it wont be this campaign, or the next, but the dedication, and the actions of our players show me its there, we only have to use it. These past few days have tested me to the limit as AHC, and yet I have never been more proud to serve the player base. 

It was today, as I was writing up the citations for awards for these battles that I had a dilemma, and I was at a loss of what to do. Several names came out for awards, but in the end, I think from the fall of Hirson to the Battle of Brussels, I don't think there is an allied player lacking a story of going above and beyond, and deserving of recognition, whether it be a f2p player or a squad leader or senior AHC. We worked together, and we survived! 

We have it in us allies, to succeed, to win. Maybe not this campaign, hell maybe not even the next, but damnit if these past few days have proven anything, its that we can! And if we work together we will! I wish to thank all of you for your actions these past few day, they are nothing short of exemplary, lets keep it up so one day we can toast again in the fires of Frankfurt. 

S! Allies, and keep up the fight!

-Hateract, Commander, Corps De Cavalrie 

• Like 3

Brussels was an epic fight. So proud to fight with you allies and serve under the allied hc, especially in this battle.

• Like 2