Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Officially 'Unofficial' Awards Site

B2K

• CORNERED RAT

For those not aware - For a few years now I have maintained a website that compares CS&R sortie data to the current HC awards, then lists out those who meet the criteria.  It is located at:

http://7thast.net/awards

Currently I am working to upgrade the site, and get it a bit more responsive, however within a week or so it'll be fully upgraded to reflect the current award set, new units, and recent awards (maybe - that one I've got to get some HC volunteers to help with because I simply don't have the time to troll the forums for awards).  

• Like 4

• B2K pinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

B2K I am see I got this and I DONT fly at all :) I jump from planes but NEVER fly them :) 

Luftwafe Fighter Badge(Bronze)  

For conducting at least 50 Fighter sorties during campaign 173

• CORNERED RAT

Yeah, I've been looking into that.  For some reason its decided to start randomly picking stuff even though I've not touched it in at least 3 years.  

27 minutes ago, B2K said:

Yeah, I've been looking into that.  For some reason its decided to start randomly picking stuff even though I've not touched it in at least 3 years.  

Thx bro :) 

• CORNERED RAT

And I think I got it fixed - I will have to re-run previous campaigns stats though as this issue showed up about 5x back.  So those will be showing up over the next while as well. 

• CORNERED RAT
On 7/14/2020 at 8:55 AM, axeinc said:

B2K I am see I got this and I DONT fly at all :) I jump from planes but NEVER fly them :) 

Luftwafe Fighter Badge(Bronze)  

For conducting at least 50 Fighter sorties during campaign 173

Also by the way thanks for spoiling the 'grand announcement' that I'd added the ability to start looking up by player previous awards... :) stupid bugs..... :(  (joking - I'm actually glad to see that some players are actually checking it out). 

• 3 months later...
  • CORNERED RAT

Did some under the hood fiddling this weekend.  The ability to see previous campaign sorties is now enabled (going back to 167 (I've got more campaign data but gotta start somewhere).  I'm in the process of making sure all units are reflected in the scoring DB now, then will start re-running previous campaign Stat awards. 

Also went through and have added (where applicable) for most awards (still have some to do) what units are counted towards the award (what a player has to be), and what units against the award (what the opponent has to be).  Hoping to add some visibility that'll start to unwind some of our current cs&r issues.   

The eventual plan for this site is that it'll be incorporated into both hctools as well as cs&r (with the gazette shooting out the news of some sorties)... that's long term though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • CORNERED RAT

I am updating the site to enable some admin functionality.  It maybe offline for a day or so (maybe longer if I keep doing 12 hours work-days).  It is still collecting sortie data though, so should be current when brought back online. 

• CORNERED RAT

May be a bit longer - godaddy has decided that I no longer need to be able to ssh into my sites..... 

B2K, gave some thought to awards this morning, would a video of awards at the end of each camp be something CRS has an interest in? a presentation to go with the forum posts when words are given out?

• CORNERED RAT
3 hours ago, adam1168 said:

B2K, gave some thought to awards this morning, would a video of awards at the end of each camp be something CRS has an interest in? a presentation to go with the forum posts when words are given out?

Those have been done in the past, and would be cool to keep going.  The hard part is having someone keep up with it every campaign.  It is on the 'crap to get around to someday' whiteboard.  

• CORNERED RAT

And - it's back online.  I am in the process of uploading all of the HC awards and awards from Lince's site.   Hoping to have it mostly done this weekend (to include if you've been awarded a ribbon).  

• CORNERED RAT

As of a few minutes ago, all awards from both HC Awards Databases and Both of LInce's awards pages are now loaded onto the site.  I do need to add campaign #'s for some awards still (the awards showing up under campaign 0), but everything should be there. 

• Registered Users

It's looking awesome thanks, one thing I've seen as a heads up is a broken image icon below every medal when I look up my name.

• CORNERED RAT
28 minutes ago, Eddie05 said:

It's looking awesome thanks, one thing I've seen as a heads up is a broken image icon below every medal when I look up my name.

yeah I noticed that as well, the dumb web-guy probably left a call to an extra image in there.... that and a few other minor quirks are on this weeks list of 'fix'

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • CORNERED RAT

I'm in process of updating the top lists to show for:

• Allied Side Persona
  • Axis Side Persona
  • Combined totals

Godaddy is 'helping' me by having a craptastically short DB connection timeout.   Some of the top lists may timeout as they execute, and the page will show error 500.

Over the next few days I'll be optimizing the queries, and trying a few things to get the return time quicker.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • CORNERED RAT

Ok got most of them to be responsive - the Rifle will still time out for prior campaigns, for 184 it'll work for a while, but once enough sorties occur the issue will re-appear.  I'm going to probably have to make a staging table for it due to the sheer number of sorties that are 'rifle' (someday) so that it is responsive.

I do still have to add the naval, but, i've been on a this computer for 14 hours (between work and fixing the top lists issue) so ....... Soon.

As a note:  There is some oddness with the 'community' personna scoring, in some cases it's off from the side scores.  I'm looking into it, but i'm going with the theory that the difference is due to own side kills/deaths.  Might be wrong in that, but at the moment is all I can think of. 

• Thanks 1

• CORNERED RAT

I've:

• added in the naval top lists
  • refined a few of the unit lists to get rid of the units that didn't belong (but the back end db's think do)

I'll be adding the top stats (kills, caps, tom, kd, etc)(Basically from the list currently on stats.wwiioline minus the streaks) in the near future.  This will be the last major development effort for the site as I'm needing to focus on several CRS related toolsets/sites/

• 3 months later...
  • CORNERED RAT

I've finally found the time to add a reference table in for the 'top unit lists' - they should no longer take more than a few seconds to load.  

The lists will update a list at a time hourly between hh:00 and hh:30, if one is empty check back in a bit, it's probably being updated. 

For the moment they are for this campaign going forward, I do intend on running previous campaign sorties to catch up with the history - not sure on eta, life has a habit of getting in the way of any timeline i've tried to keep to. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • CORNERED RAT

The first 'automated' awards are now functioning - specifically fighter 'Ace' missions.  Shoot down 5 enemy aircraft in a single sortie and you earn it.  On on hourly basis, the stats will be looked at and any qualifying sorties will be awarded. This award is also being fed into the issued awards db, and will be shown on the front page for 48 hours after being awarded.

Also identified and fixed a scoring error where some units were double counting.