Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

dedicated vs integrated graphics

pfmosquito

I am looking to pick up a laptop and want, on a casual basis, to be able to play the game on it.  The price difference between dedicated and integrated graphics are sometimes pretty steep, and I don't NEED a dedicated card for this device, except that I want to play the game.

I have asked around and it seems like some people are playing using in integrated graphics card.  Maybe its not ideal, but is it possible?  Are people having good enough performance with it?

I see this as the min requirements:

Windows Vista, 7, or 8
Mac OS X 10.9
Processor: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, Athlon 64 3500+ (2.2 GHz), or Better with SSE 2.0 support
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 3 GB Free
Sound: On-board or better
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 series or ATI Radeon HD 2600

Is this still accurate?

• 4 weeks later...

im having hard time playing with a amd a8-7410 and a radeon r5 integrated card, my fps go to sh*t as soon as i go to a city that's very populated

Get an HP laptop with both.  My wife, sons, and I all have Pavilion laptops with both integrated graphics and dedicated graphics cards.  The integrated graphics card runs off the system RAM, so you can throw in a bit of extra RAM to make sure you have enough to share and have pretty decent performance for a REALLY reasonable price.

-Irish

If you have a fast CPU you can play BGE with a poor onboard intel GPU.

swiftshader 3.0 Emulate Pixel shader and all the other work from the GPU over the power of the CPU.

I have without my AMD GPU only with swiftshader around 40 FPS in BGE. With my GPU around 40-170 FPS.