Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

AXIS RDP guide

vanapo

After spending about 40 hours so far in this campaign successfully doing RDP runs, I thought I'd share my advice to everybody who might need them. As I experienced, even seasoned Heinkel pilots still run into a problem or two that will be answered in here:

http://bit.ly/AxisRDP

Edited by vanapo
  • Like 1

Nice collection of information, some of it was "lost".
It is quite verbose.

Advice:

• The visual limit in game is 6km.  Because of this the Lotfe (which is a Periscope) is practically useless if you are at 6000m alt.
  • The other issue is bombs time out at (I think) 8km direct line and may disappear before hitting ground.  That 8km is sphere, so a moving bomber could be >8km distance from target when bombs fall the 15 or so seconds before hitting ground.
  • Best climb rate in He111 is 4 m/s (full load).  It is one of the gauges.  Use it, it is better than using km/h.
  • Takes about 15 min to reach 5000m alt.
  • Do not use any flaps for takeoff, the 111 is too slow for it.
  • If you are doing formation, fly north or south from AF.  After everyone is about 1500m order everyone to turn >70 degrees toward target at once.  This will allow group to form up quicker.  This the "dog leg" formation trick.
  • More waypoints are better.  Delete and make new as needed.

Now, IF you are 1000m to 4000m, then the Lotfe can be used to find targets, but remember to center.

I am surprised the bomb sight and pilots instrument do not match.  Have to test.

Edited by frantish

5 hours ago, frantish said:

It is quite verbose.

That's how I am. I hope it's an enjoyable read. And most people have allready read the shorter guides which don't contain a lot of avoidable causes of error. The most demoralizing thing is when you think you did everything right and some or even all of your bombs still miss the target.

But thx for the additional info, I allready worked some of them in. Formation Bombing is another story and something this game is sadly not rewarding now - as targets are too small to hit with a formation and bombs don't spread at all so they will land precisely on the spot - in result two well used bombers can aim individually and level a factory completely. Formations are a good thing to get to the approach point(s), but not beyond.

6 hours ago, frantish said:

he Lotfe can be used to find targets, but remember to center.

I would not recommend this for factory runs. When your bombing from 5k the slightest aberration in your Lotfe might cause you to miss and it's really hard to recenter the Lotfe precisely just by comapring those two white triangles. You better not touch the flightstick at all while in bomberdier sight. If you marked and follow a GPS guided course as described - you don't need to spot your target. A factory won't move. You can just wait for it to get into sight.

When I stopped looking for the target and started to use my map instead, my success rate went from around 66% to around 99%. The only thing that will hinder me from hitting it dead on is an enemy fighter or watching a movie on the side :-D