Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Review of WWIIOL in 2018

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOM

Today is the last day of the year 2018, and I wanted for all of us to take a moment and reflect on what we have accomplished. There have been some major milestones, several roadmap deliveries, increased productivity and understanding and new roads paved for us to make 2019 another year of tremendous progress. Please join me in this review and let us not forget how much ground has been gained. Do note, a Roadmap outlining 2019’s objectives will be a separate article, but I’ll quickly cover what we are working on at this moment. May you have a very Happy New Year, S!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=8KTP76Ubt6Y:zI6TbHycFIk:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=8KTP76Ubt6Y:zI6TbHycFIk:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=8KTP76Ubt6Y:zI6TbHycFIk:F7zBnMyn0Lo
8KTP76Ubt6Y

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

• Like 1

Some really good stuff in 2018.

I am more enthused by how the 'new CRS' is approaching things, than (even) the new toys, etc.  I am not busting on the early days of CRS, at all, but the new CRS just has a different vibe, that I enjoy.

S! and here's to 2019

I must say, this past year has been a good one for developement. Seems like you've finally broke some limitations on the engine and it kicked up good.
But what makes a game successful is not it's updates, it's its reviews and playercount (that afterall is most important to people)

Seeing the same reviews, same player numbers as always, leads me to believe there is still something that's keeping the majority of people from touching your game, I can't put my finger on it but there's no way a game with developers this active should be seeing only 150 or so reccurring players daily. Something's just not right. It's not like the game plays poorly, even though infantry combat is kind of trashed. You've got all the marks of a good game but people still hate you. I don't know what it is, hopefully it gets sorted out because it seems no one outside of who plays has anything good to say about your game

o7

12 hours ago, knucks said:

I must say, this past year has been a good one for developement. Seems like you've finally broke some limitations on the engine and it kicked up good.
But what makes a game successful is not it's updates, it's its reviews and playercount (that afterall is most important to people)

Seeing the same reviews, same player numbers as always, leads me to believe there is still something that's keeping the majority of people from touching your game, I can't put my finger on it but there's no way a game with developers this active should be seeing only 150 or so reccurring players daily. Something's just not right. It's not like the game plays poorly, even though infantry combat is kind of trashed. You've got all the marks of a good game but people still hate you. I don't know what it is, hopefully it gets sorted out because it seems no one outside of who plays has anything good to say about your game

o7

Some hate, I suppose, but I would surmise that most still, even after 17ish years, are unaware of the game.  Anecdotal evidence, but:  I just mentioned to a millennial in my internet department that I played WWIIOnline---blank stare.  He asked what games I used to play.  I mentioned Ghost Recon, a game that came out before WWIIOnline, and despite him never having played the game, he knew exactly what I was talking about.  WWIIOnline is the other brand of tissue paper, i.e. not Kleenex.  Most are unaware of the brand/game's existence.

S!

Edited by augetout
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, augetout said:

Some hate, I suppose, but I would surmise that most still, even after 17ish years, are unaware of the game.  Anecdotal evidence, but:  I just mentioned to a millennial in my internet department that I played WWIIOnline---blank stare.  He asked what games I used to play.  I mentioned Ghost Recon, a game that came out before WWIIOnline, and despite him never having played the game, he knew exactly what I was talking about.  WWIIOnline is the other brand of tissue paper, i.e. not Kleenex.  Most are unaware of the brand/game's existence.

S!

That's hopeful. There's still a shot at nailing the full release coming out of EA (the last time steam will deliberately put your game on the front page for everyone to see)
If ww2 hits that ground running, and manages to meet the average steam users for this type of sim's expectations. Then the smaller communities who play these games and the youtubers who lead them will gladly take your game and spread it beyond just word of mouth. Like this video from a few years back

I follow this guy because he has the right idea about games imo, and good taste. If you can nab some more of these types of people, I'm 1000% certain we'll get all the players we need AND want. Because it's not enough to get lots of players, you want the right type of player and BlueDrake, Karmakut, OperatorDrewskie, these guys are the ones who have the following of people who love these type of games to death and play them nonstop, bringing in waves of people from their respective communities. These are the people you want to impress if you want no problems with relations and player count.

On 1/2/2019 at 0:46 AM, knucks said:

I follow this guy because he has the right idea about games imo, and good taste. If you can nab some more of these types of people, I'm 1000% certain we'll get all the players we need AND want.

Look again.  He's using the WWIIOL video to recruit for a game called Warfare 1944.  That's the game he has the Steam link for in the description of his WWIIOL video.  Nice little stab in the back, innit?  AND, that's the ONLY WWIIOL video he EVER did.  He liked the game so much he never came back.

Oh, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUH...  I just saw Warfare 1944.  If ANYONE EVER complains about WWIIOL's graphics, show them this!

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1
  • Like 1

People don't care about graphics in a game, as long as it plays smooth.

Edited by knucks

15 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

If ANYONE EVER complains about WWIIOL's graphics, show them this!

LOL i loved the green bean bag bushes?