Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Map Expansion, More Tiers Coming, CRS Team Updates

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOM

There's quite a bit of information here for this Friday's update, with an all new Game World expansion (France and Holland), the re-introduction of the original City and Pentagon Bunker and several terrain bug fixes making up version 1.35.17. We also have some more Tiers in the form of half years approaching. And we'd also like to announce some Community Management changes along with our newest CRS Staff member additions.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=2uBne5jKEcY:RCDTxUJuM9Y:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=2uBne5jKEcY:RCDTxUJuM9Y:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=2uBne5jKEcY:RCDTxUJuM9Y:F7zBnMyn0Lo
2uBne5jKEcY

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

It's cool to see the map expand again!

Maybe there's a typo on the map though? I don't see a place called "Evivermen" between Dieppe and Londinières, but there's a place called Envermeu: https://www.google.com/maps/place/76630+Envermeu/@49.89346,1.220529,12.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x47e0af7b5da5e693:0x40c14484fb685f0!8m2!3d49.8970119!4d1.2649727

Also, the Somme river actually runs South of Le Crotoy, it is essentially canalized and forming a straight line NW from Abbeville.

2 hours ago, pachy said:

Maybe there's a typo on the map though? I don't see a place called "Evivermen" between Dieppe and Londinières

That is possible, we have fixed a number of old typo and misspellings in bug fixes
If you .bug that in game it will make a ticket happen to correct the spelling

2 hours ago, pachy said:

Also, the Somme river actually runs South of Le Crotoy

They had to take some poetic license when they put the map together as there is a limited amount of river mouth and river channel terrain models to work with
as well as shoreline shapes and types.
The way it would really enter out into the delta at the south, they did not have suitable pieces to create it from in a way that would not look terrible.

Same reason for some other deviations from planet earth

• CORNERED RAT
9 minutes ago, fallsjager said:

No eastward map expansion? Hmmm.

can't do it all at once.

We decided on the Netherlands to mitigate the 'North Cut' at map start, and SW to begin to build out towards Paris.  

We'll get to East in future terrain updates. 

8 minutes ago, B2K said:

We decided on the Netherlands to mitigate the 'North Cut' at map start, and SW to begin to build out towards Paris.  

Lame that you added all those towns behind the French factories that may never see the light of day, but neglected to add anything around Laon to mitigate the Laon cut this time around.  

I know you have limited resources, but I would have preferred more towns there than behind the French factories...

When 1.36 comes out, it will be good to see the Zeelands used more often. Cutoffs will still be possible in the north here until we add more towns eastward from what is being added this time. From our current version, you can see the large amount of land development in the south (called France 2) which is being worked on by Merlin and Fives which will most likely be our next addition when we do another Terrain release. 

• Like 1

With the map expansion, are there any plans to add additional factory towns?  I think having a couple of factory town always on the edges of the map would be great for gameplay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrAnit said:

With the map expansion, are there any plans to add additional factory towns?  I think having a couple of factory town always on the edges of the map would be great for gameplay.

I myself do not see any factory changes, yet, until the US faction is turned into a fully stand alone faction.
When that is accomplished, then factories will need added for the US
Well they wont be factories of course, but disembarkation points.
And that will of course require additional Axis locations and perhaps some adjusting of present paradigm so that things are not lopsided.

4 hours ago, Capco said:

Lame that you added all those towns behind the French factories that may never see the light of day, but neglected to add anything around Laon to mitigate the Laon cut this time around.  

I know you have limited resources, but I would have preferred more towns there than behind the French factories...

might recommend that you take a plane offline and fly south of laon, or reims or berry.
Actually, start from ste menehould and fly SW straight towards paris

But it is not exactly easy to test and verify some 10,000+ buildings and objects, hundreds of roads
hundreds of FB's Bridges, thousands of AI, spawns, supply links etc.

Want to become a QA?

• Like 1

I also welcome any map expansion, but the Germans need some more towns as well next. every time we lose a division at map start we are with our backs at the factories already.

PS: Maybe Paris for the 20th anniversary in 2021?

Edited by mwittman

Two huge issues:

1) Axis has no safe AFs E, like allies do W........ ( is easily possible to kick LW completely off game map)

2) Allies appear to still have easy N cut at Dord.......

Other than that, of course I love all the map expansion!

Edited by delems

On 2/23/2019 at 4:34 PM, delems said:

2) Allies appear to still have easy N cut at Dord.......

This will be addressed in the next release (not in this terrain release).. We will be creating a temporary link between Gouda and Tiel. We are committed to making the battles for the Zeelands and Holland last longer and not get ignored and cut off quickly. 1.36 will further enhance the battles in this area as well.