Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

key mapper managment

fgump2

Hello...I`m having problems with the keymapper...I understand how to make basic settings with no issues..I`m confused as to what to do if I spawn in with a different weapon .. btw I`m free to play for now...usually I just spawn in with a rifle and I have everything set where I want it..If I choose a machine gun my key bindings change which I can live with for now..what I don`t understand is there is another column of settings which I don`t know what are for...this has me very confused...is there an article in the Wiki or somewhere else I can get a better understanding of this..thanks 

when you set your settings for a rifle , the settings will be for just for your rifle . Just hit the infantry tab and set your settings and save it and it will apply to all inf

• 2 weeks later...

I`m still confused about this...in the key mapper there are two columns of settings..primary and secondary..I pretty much have my primary bindings set but have no idea what the 2nd column is about if anything.

Also different types of soldiers end up with weapons binded to different keys..i read the above post but im afraid it doesn`t help much..i`m generally infantry when I spawn in as a rifleman everything is cool...when I spawn in with a machine gun everything is different...I`ve read all the articles related to this but they don`t really talk about this only advanced topics.

5 hours ago, lonepilgim said:

I`m still confused about this...in the key mapper there are two columns of settings..primary and secondary..I pretty much have my primary bindings set but have no idea what the 2nd column is about if anything.

Also different types of soldiers end up with weapons binded to different keys..i read the above post but im afraid it doesn`t help much..i`m generally infantry when I spawn in as a rifleman everything is cool...when I spawn in with a machine gun everything is different...I`ve read all the articles related to this but they don`t really talk about this only advanced topics.

You do not need to use the secondary settings
For infantry they kind of have no use
For vehicles though, they can give you multiple ways to control things
Like say a tank turret
Primary movement via mouse, but say you want to traverse the turret a long ways, picking up the mouse constantly sucks, so you map a secondary set of controls
to like arrow keys, now just hold the arrow down until you are close to where you want to be, then go back to mouse for fine aiming.

2nd part of question
In keymapper, you can chose to map the entire category, or only a single unit in the category
If you pick infantry and do not pick an infantry class, your keymap settings will apply to all infantry
if you pick the rifleman, it will apply to only the rifleman of the country you picked.
This lets you adjust some infantry classes differently if you like. (applies to tanks trucks atgs etc also)

Thanks..I understand now about the secondary keys..I`m still confused about the second part of what you said.

My main issue is specifically when I spawn in with lets say a Thompson instead of a rifle my key bindings are all over the place..I`ve tried playing with the settings but it doesn't help much..right from the beginning I never understood which #`s apply to which weapons..for  example..initially my gun was in 1 my knife in 2...I prefer my knife in 1  (these are hypothetical examples  ) by randomly changing different key bindings I got my weapons where I want them but if I spawn in with  a different gun it ends up in slot 3..I don`t understand what the key binding slots mean by weapon # ...the key binding # is obvious.

How do I know what weapon # is what weapon ?

Thanks for the help btw...the secondary binding had me baffled. 

1 is main weapon
2 is secondary weapon
3 is frag grenade if issued
4 is smoke grenade if issued
etc

But you are right if a unit has less things then weapons shift forward, if they have more, then they will shift forward
A rifleman has no secondary so 1 is rifle, 2 is frag grenade, 3 is smoke etc
I mortarman 1 is frag mortars, 2 is smoke mortars, 3 is rifle, and so on

so what you would want to do is spawn a particular infantry offline
see what each weapon is 1 2 3 4 etc
then for that specific unit type in keymapper, if 5 is the knife and you want it set to 1, rebind it so
and yes it will only change that one kind of guy.

I know this sounds a bit odd as opposed to other games, but our infantry are almost unlimited in weapon options they could be loaded out with
and this allows them to remain very flexible in that aspect for future things.

thanks..i`m getting it now  although I`m unclear what you mean by spawning offline..one thing I did that seemed to help is I bound my secondary character ( I`m free to play atm ) which is a sub machine gunner..tommy gun etc to my secondary keys...assigning them to the number pad which seems to be working unless I get rushed which takes1/2 second more to pull my trusty knife...not that it makes much difference in my case because I`m old and slow..but I get what you`re saying..it helps a lot..thanks

Edited by lonepilgim
added information

you can purposely select the smg classes and bind them different than the rifleman to better suit your use

our keymapping does seem complicated at 1st, but then later you find that you can do a lot with it that you kind of can not in other games
cause you can fine tune every single unit to suit you