Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

map icons

fgump2

I`m pretty new although I played on a laptop a long time ago..atm I have a pretty decent computer..I`m getting this stuff but have 1 issue..when I adjusted my resolution settings my icons..enemy presence our guys locations etc became microscopic barely visable..I`ve changed all the settings multiple times but can`t get back to usable sizes..the icons look like tiny little dots I can barely see....any suggestions..thanks.

I play at 1440p and have no issues, but I think the 4K guys may be seeing this as a problem.

atm I`m using 3800x2160x32...I`m not sure where I was when I first downloaded the game but I fiddled with the settings and this started..I have literally gone up and down the list and tried every setting since then and this always happens...I can barely see the icons although they are there.

On 4/3/2019 at 10:13 PM, PITTPETE said:

you fool with dpi settings at all?

I`m new..I don`t know what you mean..what are the dpi settings ? 

try this once

open your documents folder
open the battleground europe folder

rename wwiiol.xml to wwiiol.bak
run settings.exe, pick your resolution
save
Now run the game
See what it looks like

If game launches as a small square, go to preferences, and make sure the resolution showing matches what you picked in settings.exe
if it does not, pick that one and relaunch the game

Please bear in mind I`m not particularly computer literate however I can follow instructions..when I open the Battleground Europe folder I see other folders that say Battleground Europe...cfml..SShot1...wwiiol...when I open wwiiol I get a window that says C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Battleground Europe\wwiiol.xml...when I change the last three letters to bak nothing happens..if I press enter I get an error message that says Windows cannot find C:\Users\Owner\Document\BattleGround Europe\wwiiol.bak...what should I do now ?  Thanks

On 4/6/2019 at 2:03 PM, Merlin51 said:

try this once

open your documents folder
open the battleground europe folder

rename wwiiol.xml to wwiiol.bak
run settings.exe, pick your resolution
save
Now run the game
See what it looks like

If game launches as a small square, go to preferences, and make sure the resolution showing matches what you picked in settings.exe
if it does not, pick that one and relaunch the game

did you try this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you're using windows 10, you can try this:

>> klick on the cicle icon on the left bottom side of your monitor

>> type settings

>> you should see (probably under apps) the wwiiol logo and settings in letters to the right

>> click on that

>> under resolution, set your monitor resolution

>> hitsave (bottom left)

>> restart game

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if it didn't work or your setting are correct in there, try to change it to normal HD settings 1920x1440 and run the game. if that worked, change them again to your monitor resolution and start game again. this might fix it, if not there must be another bug.

Edited by parasit

On 4/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, lonepilgim said:

Please bear in mind I`m not particularly computer literate however I can follow instructions..when I open the Battleground Europe folder I see other folders that say Battleground Europe...cfml..SShot1...wwiiol...when I open wwiiol I get a window that says C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Battleground Europe\wwiiol.xml...when I change the last three letters to bak nothing happens..if I press enter I get an error message that says Windows cannot find C:\Users\Owner\Document\BattleGround Europe\wwiiol.bak...what should I do now ?  Thanks

bvRJr0N.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 1:57 AM, Merlin51 said:

bvRJr0N.png

anyone ?  I`m still stumped..how do I do run settings.exe ? 

did you rename the xml file?

settings.exe is in the game folder, most likely c:\program files (x86)\crs\battleground europe

• CORNERED RAT

Font size in the preferences also scales the town icons...Not sure as to the others though

• 2 weeks later...

none of this is helping

" rename wwiiol.xml to wwiiol.bak "

run settings.exe, pick your resolution "

I am unable to find a folder named wwiiol.xml or anything that says settings.exe

> you should see (probably under apps) the wwiiol logo and settings in letters to the right   "

under windows app settings when I click on battleground Europe I get a greyed out button that says  " modify "

when I click it nothing happens

any suggestions ?  

thanks

Edited by lonepilgim
typo

37 minutes ago, lonepilgim said:

none of this is helping

" rename wwiiol.xml to wwiiol.bak "

run settings.exe, pick your resolution "

I am unable to find a folder named wwiiol.xml or anything that says settings.exe

> you should see (probably under apps) the wwiiol logo and settings in letters to the right   "

under windows app settings when I click on battleground Europe I get a greyed out button that says  " modify "

when I click it nothing happens

any suggestions ?  

thanks

i posted you a screenshot of wwiiol.xml, showing its location
and how to rename it
it is a file, not a folder.

The games setting.exe app by default is in c:\program files(x86)\crs\battleground europe

It is also in the start menu folder for the game.

Edited by Merlin51