Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

2019-20 Roadmap for WWII Online

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOM

Welcome to the introduction of the newest Development Roadmap. Thank you all for patiently waiting, the moment is finally here. We have several highly requested items going on the list (some of which are already underway), game engine upgrades, brand new vehicle development, player improvements, game world expansions, new building development, new subscription products and whole lot more coming (pictures inside)! The #1 priority at this stage is to increase funding support via subscriptions to make these things possible, and we need you to step up that subscription support. Do so now at www.wwiionline.com/account and let's bring this Roadmap to life!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=_jsDovLJgEU:ZRJlMnNRWfA:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=_jsDovLJgEU:ZRJlMnNRWfA:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=_jsDovLJgEU:ZRJlMnNRWfA:F7zBnMyn0Lo
_jsDovLJgEU

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

The amount of work you guys do with your extremely limited staff is outstanding. I may not agree with everything you do but no one can EVER say your effort is lacking. I will be resubbing to the new land based subscription when it arrives. I am glad you are listening to the player base and implementing these changes. Bring on VOIP!

Wish I could help.  I used to do skins for the old Starsiege game and Combat Mission.  Would love to try making models one day.  Could yall suggest a good non-creator modelling program suite?

you guys could omit the wellington for something else.

a fixed spit damage model would be nice.

2 hours ago, major0noob said:

a fixed spit damage model would be nice.

All aircraft dm models are under investigation at the moment but these audits are tedious and take a lot of testing. But it’s not in the roadmap because we aren’t sure how long it will take.

The new urban blocks look terrific, and the Ju88 is exciting. Kudos to persevering folks. No one else has created anything like this in the 18 years since launch.

I'm all excited. Awesome work lads.

But the Navy need much more attention. Especially should all ships and boats be able to place FMS (ships) and LMS (boats). Please give the Navy some strategical purpose as in real wars/life.

I just discovered that Hero builder is available at a reasonable monthly payment and it includes NCO. That's cool, but i don't care about all the other benefits, would be cool to have one or two more playable options in this sub.. How about putting the HC Officer into Hero? It's literally never being used in game and it's a really great idea actually, like the old fru with limitations. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, major0noob said:

I say good day to you sir! The RAF is quite pleased with Bomber Command finally getting a heavy bomber. 

• Like 1

If the axis PB's 111 love is any indicator, anything else would be more desirable.

A new, fixed spit would get a lot more LW to lift, and shoot down.

the most important part I noticed is there will be a true basic subscription at the $9.99 price point, you call it the "infantry only" but it has haulers, light guns and airborne transports so basically everything that a mission leader needs to lead missions and setup+defend spawn points

revamping urban terrain is much needed and looks good, but there is the ongoing problem of making sure that the terrain is actually utilized and not just bypassed entirely on the way to the capture points, if you are ever able to designate different buildings or floors of buildings to be capture areas that would allow all the new terrain to see a lot of use

also I wouldn't underestimate the value of just putting sandbags or piles of rubble on tops of buildings 

I just came back to the forums today after almost half a year of absence and I have to say that I really appreciate this roadmap.

I would have resubbed now anyways but offering a discounted airforce-only sub for 10$ would probably keep me from unsubbing every now and then like I just recently did. Despite my love for this game there are long stretches of time (sometimes more than a year) in which I don't play it at all. A recurring payment of 15€ is just too expensive for me if I find myself without any game time in the last 2-6 months - or if I am frustrated with the game which we all know kind of happens from time to time. That's why I also bought the air DLC to keep in touch with the game and the community but with all the restrictions and the need for having a second account to use it, I hardly used it at all.

A cheaper sub means you are a lot more likely to keep it even if you don't use it at the moment. I don't watch netflix every month, but I won't go through frequently unsubbing and resubbing a service I know I generally appreciate and use - just to save a few $. There is a sweet spot between a few and too many $. And I'd say a fee of 10$ for the things I play the most is definitely closer to that than the 15$ flat.

And now I am looking forward to see what you guys already fixed in the meantime while I was hoarding my precious money.

Edit: And with vehicle part damage fixes, server tracked bombs, improved head movements - there is quite a lot of really good stuff on the road map that's not as shiny as new vehicles, but a lot more appealing to me as a pilot.

Edited by vanapo

Place capture points into the new buildings and ppl will use them....not just on ground floors either!

On 4/2/2019 at 10:49 AM, major0noob said:

If the axis PB's 111 love is any indicator, anything else would be more desirable.

A new, fixed spit would get a lot more LW to lift, and shoot down.

hE30E0806

Edited by raptor34
  • Like 1