Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Barb wire blocking.

delems

Seems can't shoot through barbwire either?

A couple shots appear to go through - then get blocked.

1 hour ago, delems said:

Seems can't shoot through barbwire either?

A couple shots appear to go through - then get blocked.

you should be able to get most shots through
The wire does need a collider, or you will walk through it.
The colliders are as small as is possible, they are about the size of the wire itself, actually skinnier i think, and as few of them as possible, just enough to prevent crawling through the wire.

You might get a few shots at just the right angle etc to hit it, but should not be many, we blocked an EFMS in with the barbed wire and were mowing them down through it.

We know that by default...until/unless some other firing elevation is set...infantry fire at an elevation of zero degrees.

Is there a standard height for emission of weapon shot particles from infantry weapons?

If yes, is one of the " as small as is possible" colliders for the barbed wire set at that same height?

The barbed wire collider could be a zillionth of an inch high, but if the bullet particle is aimed exactly at it by default and a higher or lower elevation isn't set, that bullet particle is going to hit.

we could look over it, but a quick test gave me these results.
Model seems fine, i dont think the model itself has changed between previously and now

1 hour ago, Merlin51 said:

we could look over it, but a quick test gave me these results.
Model seems fine, i dont think the model itself has changed between previously and now

wrong movie

Image result for sexy barbed wire gifImage result for barb wire movie poster

Edited by sorella

• Registered Users

The collider does not see ammo as German or Brit, French or US. In the case of terrain objects it’s a simple collider that stops everything. There is no damage model like there would be for a tank where armor thickness is measured against round size/weight/speed. Terrain colliders simply stop what hits them. PPOs don’t even have a “hulk” state. When you hit the set threshold of damage on them the server just removes them. I have suggested that, when we have coder and artist time it would be nice to have a damaged PPO state for each one. But even if that comes to be it would be low on the list of extra/non critical features.

Hmm, seems to be going through with rifle atm, maybe if you hit the wire portion it blocks?

Nah, that not it either; I'll keep an eye on it.  I seem to be able to fire through atm.

Edited by delems

You could just look at the model and see where exactly the collider is, that would clear up all mystery to when your shots will be blocked.

• Registered Users

Seems there are 2 colliders on that apron barbedwire object. Already ticked, added comment and pic of both colliders to existing ticket. 

217d30d0e3a8263a7b2ea2baef982c8b.jpg

• Registered Users

I'd like them both thinned and aligned with the wire better. Have to wait on artist/creator time.

That was the collider I was hitting then; I could never shoot over the top of the barb wire.

Hmm why not several really skinny collider lines, which would be like the wire deflecting a few shots but most go through?

Don't really need an upper line, just enough to entangle wheeled vehicles and prevent inf walk/crawls through.

Optimally armor could drive over it like a miniberm.

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, delems said:

This been fixed yet??  Still blocking my shots.

FYI, anytime there are changes to the client, you will get a new client and there will be a README file that explains all the changes.. If its not in the README then nothing has changed with it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the new PPO linking, this issue is going to be raised a lot more - any work being done on it ?

• 3 months later...
  • CORNERED RAT
1 hour ago, delems said:

The barbwire is still blocking shots up high.

jobs@corneredrats.com - come help fix it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1