Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mouse does not fire on first click

pfmosquito

1 hour ago, snappled said:

I think this has been happening since the LMG "fix".

<S>

Most definitely has been happening for almost better part of a year. 

pfmosquito

I will watch to see if crouching/prone makes a diff for me. 

Free tip:  if anyone gets stuck prone, switching weapons seems to make it so you can stand up.

Next tip will cost you.

• 4 weeks later...

Have had this happen twice now in last week and a half. 2nd time was last night. Never before that time period. 1st one cost me a easy kill as the ei was running away from me at close range, no idea I was behind him. I was royally ticked at that. Will have to try to remember what was doing when it happens again

• Like 1

Are you kidding me? Oh no don't tell I pitched my mouse and nothing was wrong with it. I wondered if it might not have been a bug issue but my mouse was working fine but it is old like me to LOL. So if anyone finds out for sure let me know what the problem was. Well I didn't actually pitch it but I did purchase a new one. I did need a spare but I did like my old one much better. Salute and Cheers to all

Yup. Happens almost every time you go crouch/prone and shoot or stand up from the position to shoot. First couple mouse clicks/seconds are not registering mouse 1. Easy to notice with an SMG.

Edited by gretnine
  • Like 1

I get killed often enough... but it certainly is frustrating having my pistol "jam" - I've not found any rime or reason as to when it happens, but most often it's the  wrong time. It's only been the last month or so that I've had the problem. 

I've been having this problem, too. First or second click sometimes. Cost me dearly in at least one of those instances. But oddly enough, it didn't in the others, to the degree I wondered if it was happening to my target (we were face to face) at the same time, as well. Honestly, I think I just got lucky in those cases. 

Nothing pains me more, hillstorm, having my gun jam, and then, upon death, finding it was you I was face to face with.  I'm sure you appreciated me blowing the building out from underneath you near the end of this last campaign rather than try to deal possibly with another 'jam.'  <S>

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pfmosquito said:

Nothing pains me more, hillstorm, having my gun jam, and then, upon death, finding it was you I was face to face with.  I'm sure you appreciated me blowing the building out from underneath you near the end of this last campaign rather than try to deal possibly with another 'jam.'  <S>

It's the personal service people keep on coming back for.

I seem to recall rarely having that problem occur since I came back in '11. I thought it was misfires by design. But it does seem to be occurring much more frequently lately.

Edited by gavalink

Yep, I have had that happen to me several times and found that switching to another piece of kit and back and again fixes it...… most of the time I die.

What happens to me, is I point, fire and no effect.

So I have to fire a second shot to kill the ei.

Just happened a couple days ago, mostly with sniper and bolt rifle ( but maybe I don't notice it with SMG cause lots of bullets).

It's like I'm firing a blank round for my first shot.

1 hour ago, delems said:

What happens to me, is I point, fire and no effect.

So I have to fire a second shot to kill the ei.

Just happened a couple days ago, mostly with sniper and bolt rifle ( but maybe I don't notice it with SMG cause lots of bullets).

It's like I'm firing a blank round for my first shot.

Thats normal (sometimes..). You are basically shooting at legs/arms that won't kill one shot with a bolt-action. Been like this forever. 

• 1 month later...

FYI this is still happening.

In my last sortie I had an EFMS camped with my smg.  3x it would not fire on first attempt (first click of the fire button).  Managed to dance around to survive on the first 2 instances, but on the 3rd, satmax got me.  I had them all dead to rights, but instead had to work against some bug to get the kills.  Very sad.