Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

HELP!

downtown

Some people have joked that CRS made my game avatar five times the size of other people's avatars so that I'm easily visible to the enemy, I'm starting to believe that.

It's either that or I have a hunter orange glow and the enemy can see my target icon from a great range.

I read that you're supposed to see enemy circles for aircraft at 6000 meters, I do not see them, what I see is tracers, the plane appear, then the red circle, as I'm being shot from behind.  I have TrackIR and I'm constantly looking around behind, above, below, I cannot see enemy aircraft.

I remember when the game came out I could see the black dots of aircraft long before I could see target circles, I don't see them at all any more.

There seems to be no maneuver I can do while flying to avoid an enemy aircraft and there seems to be no maneuver I can make to follow an enemy aircraft.  The things I know about physics, gravity, weight, thrust, time and aerodynamics don't seem to apply in air combat in this game.

I never see the enemy, though I stop and I look.

I see rifle barrels sticking through brick walls and and I'm shot and killed.

I hide in a shrub, I'll have foliage obstructing my view, I fire two rounds and I'm shot and killed by someone I can't see.

I spawn in and there are no or few marks on the map, I get no indication of enemy presence.

I'll get shot and killed by someone and they are in front of me three feet away on death cam.

I have fired a full magazine of SMG/LMG rounds into a enemy and had them turn and shoot me.  Ranges I cannot hit them, they EASILY hit me.

I've shot an enemy at 200m with a rifle and had them shoot me with a pistol at 200m and kill me, I see red "Splooches" that indicate I'm hitting, but it apparently has zero effect.

I get hit once I'm down dead, but I have to shoot three or four times, and I rarely get to shoot three or four times because like I said earlier I think I have cover and concealment and I fire two rounds and "blam" I'm dead.

Why is it so easy for everyone to see me when I cannot under any circumstance see anyone else.  I can't see them with binoculars, tank optics, rifle scopes.  They apparently can see me concealed in a hedge, behind a brick wall, inside a building, above or below clouds, at distances greater than 6000 meters.

It's not fun for me, it seems everyone is cheating or the game developers have put code in the game and are trying to drive me away. 

I have a

dlRwDgk.png

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB)

I hard-wired my internet connection

uxoKPfO.png

My ping trace looks like this.

T8FKUl9.png  

Usually it's around .64ms.

I have an X-56 Joystick - throttle combo, combat rudder pedals, and TrackIR w/TrackclipPro.

I'm looking for someone to help me go through my settings, make sure I have my game settings correct, my joy-stick set-up, help me figure out why everyone seems to be able to do maneuvers I can't do.  I'm also looking for someone to help me figure out why I can't see any enemy apparently under any circumstances. 

Are there downloads or something that everyone else knows about that I don't, it seems like everyone in this game has aimbot but me.  The other day I was in in Amiens and I was 200m away from some EI with a rifle when suddenly, before I could raise my rifle to shoot them, they turned around and shot me with their SMG.  How did they know to turn around, how did they know I was behind them, how could they make such and accurate shot at that range with an SMG?

I am exceptionally frustrated.

Edited by downtown

I have posted this in CRS' work area to help quicken the pace of finding a fix, DT.

S!

• CORNERED RAT
On 6/6/2019 at 3:36 AM, downtown said:

uxoKPfO.png

You have a crap-ton of dropped packets.  That line should be white.  Each of those black spots is a drop.  

Have you tried running a route trace to see if/where the packets are going awol at?  

your individual connection usually isn't the cause of the despawns.  quite often the support team has found that the issue is either background performance 'enhancing' software or hops along the route to/from the server.   Can you:  

Using either  WinMTR (PC) or  MacappstoreMTR (Mac) run for 5 minutes during the period you normally play against'auth.playnet.com' - **send us the results 

in the past I've had unexplained despawns which were the result of an AT&T server along the route dropping 50% of the packets going across it. 

We've also seen many cases where CPU "performance enhancement" software affects various things.  

• Like 1

• CORNERED RAT

Email me your DX Diag file .... it may give a clue 

ohm@corneredrats.com

• CORNERED RAT

downtown,

I got your email and the 1st thing i see Solutionfinder.exe  is throwing out errors. 

It might be a HP software issue ... i would disable any HP software running and test to see if the game runs better. If it does run better then restart each one and see what one might be causing the issue

Shut off everything in startup, went to task manager and shut off everything I could (cortana keeps coming back on?) it does not appear to make any difference.  Nothing I could find said "HP." I tried to change my resolution to better see the ping trace in game, the tick is so steady I always assumed it was intended to look that way.   ..................

When I do the traceroute and ping it always reports 0 packet loss.

The one place that looked to me to be a 30ms delay was in Dallas but again it didn't say anything about packet loss, it just went from .29ms to .51ms.

All the processes say "Low." and .01% except WWIIOL.

• CORNERED RAT

This is a Hewlett-Packard pc? 

There must be something running by Hewlett-Packard that is giving theses errors. It is the same error over and over in the log. 

On 6/12/2019 at 5:18 PM, OHM said:

This is a Hewlett-Packard pc? 

There must be something running by Hewlett-Packard that is giving theses errors. It is the same error over and over in the log. 

Yes it's an HP OMEN Obelisk, I shut off everything I could in task manager and startup.

• Registered Users
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, downtown said:

Shut off everything in startup, went to task manager and shut off everything I could (cortana keeps coming back on?) it does not appear to make any difference.  Nothing I could find said "HP." I tried to change my resolution to better see the ping trace in game, the tick is so steady I always assumed it was intended to look that way.   ..................

When I do the traceroute and ping it always reports 0 packet loss.

The one place that looked to me to be a 30ms delay was in Dallas but again it didn't say anything about packet loss, it just went from .29ms to .51ms.

All the processes say "Low." and .01% except WWIIOL.

That ticker looks ok. So long as the dots are even spaced with no gaps and it stays out under the "N" in normal it's OK. That said I think it only tracks the connection one way, I may be wrong on that but I think that's how it works. Generaly when I've seen it get short I also start seeing folks start warping which would suggest it shows inbound to you client.

Now the difference between a steady dotted line and a solid white bar is your antialiasing setting on you vid card settings. Makes no difference to connection. Low number or no antialiasing will show a dotted line, high setting on antialiasing shows as a solid line. Breaks in either indicate a connection issue but it does not reflect all connection issues.

I play with a average 55ms to 60ms ping and never have issues. But I am hardwired to my router and I do reset router and modem weekly. Now I only have a 10 down/2 up connection so if wife is streaming Netflix on the living room tv and grandson is playing xbox in the back bed room.... Well then I can occasionaly get some weird stuff ingame.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:20 PM, choad said:

Also ... what type of monitor do u have? I only ask b/c .... an example would be if you are reading at 146 fps but you have a 60 hz monitor, well you are essentially getting no more than 60 fps visible to you. 

Samsung 32" UHD monitor.  I had the Resolution throttled back for a while, my understanding is that the human eye cannot detect anything faster than 32 frames per seconds, but my FPS recently has been between 325 and 120ish (if I'm flying near an enemy airfield.)

On 6/13/2019 at 9:18 PM, choad said:

Pending windows updates by chance that are waiting to be installed?

Updates are installed every night, when available, sometimes I have to reboot in the AM when I wake up, I get an icon on my screen when I have an update for the video card from Nvidia.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:07 PM, OLDZEKE said:

Now the difference between a steady dotted line and a solid white bar is your antialiasing setting on you vid card settings. Makes no difference to connection. Low number or no antialiasing will show a dotted line, high setting on antialiasing shows as a solid line. Breaks in either indicate a connection issue but it does not reflect all connection issues.

I have never played with Antialiasing, never saw the point, I think I turned it on recently when I was trying to see if I could do something to improve the performance of the game in WWIIOL Settings.  I haven't done so with Nvidia Control Panel or the GeForce Experience.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:07 PM, OLDZEKE said:

I play with a average 55ms to 60ms ping and never have issues. But I am hardwired to my router and I do reset router and modem weekly. Now I only have a 10 down/2 up connection so if wife is streaming Netflix on the living room tv and grandson is playing xbox in the back bed room.... Well then I can occasionaly get some weird stuff ingame.

I bought a new Router with multiple 5G nodes and I hard wired to it with a 50' (about 15m) Cat6 Cable.  I did the WinMTR Test on Saturday night and it said it sent 1301 packets with 0 lost?

8 hours ago, matamor said:

Check if your WiFi signal give you a plain white line.

9 hours ago, downtown said:

I bought a new Router ...  I hard wired to it with a 50' (about 15m) Cat6 Cable.

CRS Said that WIFI was causing the wonky issues so I forego WIFI.

19 minutes ago, downtown said:

CRS Said that WIFI was causing the wonky issues so I forego WIFI.

I probably misread it sorry. I too bought HP Omen similar machine than you and run game on WiFi without any issues, plain white too. 

I can ensure you this is not hardware .

Is there a firewall or antivirus sniffing your data in and out? Can you disable them a minute ow two? Do you run ww2 as admin? 

• Free Play Account

No wonder why you're so laggy Mata.

never play on wifi

Never ever....:angry:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PITTPETE said:

never play on wifi

I don't think this is correct, if you have fast broadband and a good wireless router. Should you play on a Starbucks wifi? Hell no..! Nor any public wifi, lol. But at home I have a wifi setup and every speed test I run performs great. 

Edited by hillstorm
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PITTPETE said:

Its not about speed

Okay, it's about latency. But this isn't 2001 - SO MANY people use wifi nearly exclusively. There are excellent routers (if you buy better than entry-level) and people stream TV, movies, and yes, play games (including MMORPGs) on wifi. 

Are you saying that when we play this game, we can "never, ever" use wifi?

That's not a great thing ...

As a follow up, I just did a speed/latency test on http://speedtest.skytap.com/ while on my wifi. My ping is 36 ms. Unless I'm misunderstanding something (and I'm not the most tech person in the world), that should be good enough to run this or any game. 

• Like 1

• Free Play Account

Once again, its not about speed or ping.

Packet loss is the enemy.

I wouldnt play any online game, console or PC over wifi and not expect issues from time to time.

4 hours ago, PITTPETE said:

never play on wifi

Awww Pete, you know I admire your work and your person but this was unnecessary.

• Free Play Account

I forgot to add this :D

Was just joking bud

10 minutes ago, PITTPETE said:

I forgot to add this :D

Was just joking bud

I was just been called a cheater by a side jumper whose I played for his side for years, I am a bit shaky and emotive tonight. Sorry.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, matamor said:

I was just been called a cheater by a side jumper whose I played for his side for years, I am a bit shaky and emotive tonight. Sorry.

People always get called cheaters when they own someone. 

Some idiot called me a cheater and said he had video proof of me shooting him through the wall. Said idiot was on the stairs in a CP, and I shot him thru the window LOL. 

He never posted his "proof".

• Like 1