Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Which client has the firebug problem?

leaferz

Which client has the firebug problem?

The person who doesn't realize they have a firebug?  Everthing works fine Shooting, Reloading, Aiming , no lag.

Good high speed Internet.

Or the person who has said more then once  you have a firebug , but nobody else seems to notice, and doesn't 

tell you if you did or do?

So how in his words  Do I FIX YOUR DAMN GUN. :)

Thx

• Registered Users

I used to appear to be a case of you not receiving the data packet that tells your client the other play has stopped shooting, which was why if you asked them to shoot again you would usually then receive the pack that says that they had stopped shooting the 2nd shot, and thus the sound stops.

However, currently doing that doesn't seem to always fix it, which suggests its related to something else. It's certainly on the long list of things to get looked at and sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Lately there have been more firebugs, including ENEMY firebugs. This is a major problem. Recently it’s happened a few times that an enemy was hiding but since he was firebugged, I could hear and even see where he was. 

The first time it happened I wasn’t sure what I was seeing, so I ran up and killed him. Since then I’ve tried to resist because I know it’s totally unfair. I’ll try to let them go unless they get anywhere near me. But my point is that this is much more serious than just the friendly firebug. It affects gameplay much more drastically if your enemy can hear you and see you because you’re basically the audio/visual equivalent of a jackhammer with a strobe light. 

On 5/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, choad said:

Yup - i definitely agree with this.

me too and it does drive me crazy

What I do now is respond, then his firebug go's away. Did that to a 232 last time, also with someones engine that wouldn't shut off for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Registered Users
12 hours ago, delems said:

I don't think I've had a fire bug since the patch;  well done rats!

If we can kill the engine bug as well I'll be very happy.