Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Building Texture Updates

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOM

We've got some more screenshots for you today, this time showing some (of the several) work-in-progress building textures that are being revamped. The work of XL2RIPPR and KayBeeJay (environment artists) are really starting to take shape enhancing the visual appeal of the game. Working on textures takes talent to get right, and it certainly simplifies the need to totally re-model a whole building. That's not to say that these buildings may not get replaced with newer - higher poly buildings however (such as the big urban blocks, which yes, are still being worked on). Please continue reading this article for pictures, you should see a pretty big difference, and when you're up-close to them in-game, you'll notice much greater definition has been added.

Reminder: All veteran players of WWIIOL have received a "Free Play" subscription and can enter the game right away. Get the latest download or sign up at http://www.wwiionline.com/join.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=T0wWSWCwwy0:h1YlwcYBaZM:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=T0wWSWCwwy0:h1YlwcYBaZM:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=T0wWSWCwwy0:h1YlwcYBaZM:F7zBnMyn0Lo
T0wWSWCwwy0

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good, but, believe the spawn point should be ground level building only. No 3 story sniper tower everywhere and silly jumps.

I am sorry to say, but the buildings looks like they have repeating tiles of bricks/stone and from any distance looks that make it look like patterned fabric and not realistic at all.  The pattern needs to be reworked so it does not repeat nor should it be so bright and bold.

• Like 2