Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.36.4 Bugs Experienced during campaign

tyrdaimp

So far, ive noticed a series of game breaking bugs, and plain annoying bugs. Ill have listed on this topic

Bug #1:

Visual rendering issues, Enemies do not render client side. They can see me, but i cant see them.

Bug #2:

Audible Firing / Missing Sounds, Noticed almost every player with a rapid firing weapon will have the audio bug where they fire indefinitely, sometimes the flashes can be seen for miles on end. Players also seem to be missing sounds, whether its from a tank driving past me with no audio, or the tank audio being heard from 5km+ (driving away from source) Foot steps are missing, when players are sprinting. Weapons are also missing audio at times.

Bug #3:
Multi accounting disconnect, At times, when playing, one of my accounts will have a Crash to Desktop, bug is only noticeable when multi accounting., has been an ongoing occurrence with prior patches, but is rare.

Bug #4:
Multi Accounting Input issues, When multi accounting, one or both accounts will lose all key and mouse input, placing the player in a uncontrollable spin and movement. Very frequent from 30 second to-3 minute intervals, Only fix is to have one account active, or alt - tab back and forth to receive input. Bug # 4 appeared on current patch.

Bug #5:

Latency issues, When playing the game, i have observed instances where enemies death are delayed by seconds, I could fire on them, they will still be able to move around and shoot back, before dying. Vehicles would have the same delay. Issue has been ongoing with prior patches.

Bug #6:

Kill Feed not being read, At times, when playing as Armored Vehicles, or Anti Air, or even infantry. My kills are not being listed, Despite enemy tanks being blown up, or completely tearing apart a enemy Plane.  Bug has been persistent with prior patches.

Bug #7:
Kill Feed not being listed as a KIA, Following with bug #6, At times, mainly with vehicles, if you lose all your crew members, or become blown up, you still get a RTB, with the vehicle returning to supply. Bug is new with current patch.

Bug #8:
Units shown as inactive. At times i have observed that every unit is shown as inactive, but when i log on with a alt account, there are units that are then shown as active. Bug is new with current patch.

These are all the bugs i have experienced so far. Hopefully others have experienced the same bugs as well. Lets please make these known so hopefully they can be fixed.

I've experienced bugs: 3, 4, 5 and 7. Bug #4 has been the real problem and has only occurred during this patch. I've reached out to OLDZEKE for a solution and we're troubleshooting since stuff now.

Bottom line though: Because you're stuck spinning around and/or auto-walking, you can't shoot, place a charge or evade and you will die because of it.... I've never been this close to quitting the game; VERY FRUSTRATING!!

All bur 3 and 4. And don't forget, if you play allied how many hurricanes you've shot down.

• Like 1

• Registered Users

1, 2, 3 and 5  sound like packet loss. I can replicate the fire bug by inducing packet loss on one client. That said the packet loos can be on the shooters side or receivers side with firebug. If several in a area are seeing/reporting the same person as firebugged then it's very likey the shooter dropping packets. If rather you are seeing many others with fire bug while others around you don't see the player as firebuged then it's likely you dropping packets.

4 is a mystery, several are reporting having it. So far we can't replicate it for the devs (I've never experienced it)

6... The 1st person to score a crit hit on a player gets the kill award. As example, if I shoot a db7/boston/HE111/blen4 bombardier (position 2) That scores the kill to me. Bombardier is a critical component. Now The plane may look unharmed, the pilots ok and the gunners are fine, the engines work. But if someone else comes along and shoots off the wings and sets the plane on fire they will only get a damage cause the kill was already awarded.

7 and 8 I have no idea, have not experienced those.

• Registered Users

And if hardwired and having connection issues, or CTDs, try unplugging/re plugging your ethernet cable. Maybe try a different cable port if your router has extras open. If you have a spare cable try swaping cables.

I am with OLDZEKE but it still CRS end  when these thing starting getting worst each patch came in ,, I believe it was 2 or 3 patch back where they adding ping the 1st patch it start acting the package loss  like if you hit something ether u hit or not  maybe few sec it score but what strange you hit too many and they kill you once ,, get it  so last 2 patch (one was 64 bit)  got even worst  when CRS move farther west .. CTD , sound missing 5 sec off then back and repeat over ever few min , engine n mg bugs agh drive me crazy,, 

Now think back , do you remember when they put in new engine data that broken some of animal  inf no longer  lend left n right n climb is missing , DD gun all crooken ,atg death, shaking ground, there few more but i forgot what was it , hehe

I've experienced:

Bug #1:

Visual rendering issues, Enemies do not render client side. They can see me, but i cant see them.

Bug #2:

Audible Firing / Missing Sounds, Noticed almost every player with a rapid firing weapon will have the audio bug where they fire indefinitely, sometimes the flashes can be seen for miles on end. Players also seem to be missing sounds, whether its from a tank driving past me with no audio, or the tank audio being heard from 5km+ (driving away from source) Foot steps are missing, when players are sprinting. Weapons are also missing audio at times.

Bug #5:

Latency issues, When playing the game, i have observed instances where enemies death are delayed by seconds, I could fire on them, they will still be able to move around and shoot back, before dying. Vehicles would have the same delay. Issue has been ongoing with prior patches.

I've done some ping testing - it's awful. I used to sit at 60-80ms (before the server was moved) and I now sit at 160 - 180ms if I'm lucky. The focus needs to be pulled away from adding even more fancy equipment, features and better textures to be refocused on a networking improvement, performance improvement and bug squashing patch, especially at this stage when there's so many bugs and issues because consistently throwing new gear and textures at something that's broken just isn't working anymore.

The day they launch a gofundme to take on a few network engineers and people who are going to specialize in bug squashing and performance improvements is the day I will 100% get behind a gofundme. I got my brother to give this game a try when I was getting back into it myself. He was drawn in by it being more a ww2 simulator than a shoot em up. He gave it a try for a few weeks but gave up - he thought the game was a brilliant idea and there's loads of potential for features and updates. However, in his words, "it's really buggy and the ping is $$$$". He rocked about 190ms or so. Realistically, there's no way I could recommend this to anyone else to try, it needs to work first - and I'm sure it does if your closer to the server, I'm sure it's difficult to reproduce any bugs then. 

• Free Play Account
9 hours ago, blipoop said:

The focus needs to be pulled away from adding even more fancy equipment, features and better textures to be refocused on a networking improvement, performance improvement and bug squashing patch, especially at this stage when there's so many bugs and issues because consistently throwing new gear and textures at something that's broken just isn't working anymore.

The VOLUNTEERS that contribute with new textures, terrain improvement and vehicle creation dont know squat about network improvements..

Should we all stop volunteering until network problems are improved?

2 hours ago, PITTPETE said:

The VOLUNTEERS that contribute with new textures, terrain improvement and vehicle creation dont know squat about network improvements..

Should we all stop volunteering until network problems are improved?

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic to have new textures and vehicles etc. I appreciate their work and I do think the upcoming CP textures look really good and I'm excited for the STO bombs. But I believe that the pressure needs to shift towards fixing issues. If it means taking in volunteer's projects and keeping them on a back burner until a future date, then so be it but I would love a game with less issues first and foremost.

The only 2 options here aren't just:

1. We put up with the bugs and accept the new features and the more issues they cause.

or

2. There will be no more future updates.

As someone who started playing in 2006 and resubbed when a glitch caused a huge loss of subs it's easy to see that I have a certain love for this game but at the same time my lack of activity in game is clear that it's almost unplayable for me - all I want is the playability back into the game I'm subbing to. 

On 5/29/2020 at 10:32 AM, OLDZEKE said:

And if hardwired and having connection issues, or CTDs, try unplugging/re plugging your ethernet cable. Maybe try a different cable port if your router has extras open. If you have a spare cable try swaping cables.

When you start to see a very noticeable increase in issues, reported by multiple users, it means that the issue is on your end, so please stop pointing fingers at us, we know that is not the case. At the very least, the server is not handling accounts that have slow/laggy connections, and this is causing hiccups on all the players they interact with. I bet if you implemented an auto despawn with tighter restrictions on slow connections/bad pings, 95% of these problems would disappear. 

• Registered Users

I'm not pointing a finger anywhere, I'm simply asking if someone with this issue could see if what I asked might show a difference.

I can't test a bug I don't get.

12 hours ago, OLDZEKE said:

I'm not pointing a finger anywhere, I'm simply asking if someone with this issue could see if what I asked might show a difference.

I can't test a bug I don't get.

I've tried the wifi built into my motherboard and also a hardwired connection straight to the router. There's no difference, not for me anyway. I sent in all the necessary details on a support ticket a while back, for now I just have to live with it as 170ms average is as good as it's going to get I'm told which was 60ms a few years back.

• Registered Users
56 minutes ago, blipoop said:

I've tried the wifi built into my motherboard and also a hardwired connection straight to the router. There's no difference, not for me anyway. I sent in all the necessary details on a support ticket a while back, for now I just have to live with it as 170ms average is as good as it's going to get I'm told which was 60ms a few years back.

Thank you. That is feedback and it suggests that while going to onboard wifi has seemed to work for a few it may well be a false positive overall.