Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Version 1.36.5.0 Readme

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOMComing June 1st 2020, Cornered Rat Software will be releasing WWII Online version 1.36.5.0! This includes some highly anticipated content such as Server Tracked Bombs, STG44, HUD Waypoints, New Trenches + MORE! Join us for this exciting patch and get ready for our big 19th anniversary celebration / D-Day event on June 6th 2020 at 11AM. Please continue reading for patch notes and event details.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=1H2N1Jj-UCo:EpU7_kK4KLY:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=1H2N1Jj-UCo:EpU7_kK4KLY:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=1H2N1Jj-UCo:EpU7_kK4KLY:F7zBnMyn0Lo
1H2N1Jj-UCo

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Wait, the StG44 is coming without any Allied counter? Is the FG42 moving to only be a para weapon, or should we just stop playing when those tiers hit?

No HE for the Standard Issue US rifle? (needed because an arbitrary gameplay mechanic is for standard issue riflemen to be able to cooperate to take out an FMS or FB)

No US LMG.

The French who planned to have a Std issue semi (MAS 40) get a Std issue bolt because that was reality in Summer 1940, but they are stuck with it for the rest of the war?

That should be held out, it's certainly going to be incredibly unbalancing, and I haven't even seen it yet.

Edited by tater
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tater said:

it's certainly going to be incredibly unbalancing

Maybe there'll be a surprise offset for each of the items you listed. @XOOM

24 minutes ago, jwilly said:

FG42.

Sorry, was not paying attention. Still true, though.

I'll just stop playing seriously. Hide someplace, and sniporz the unicorn units, and otherwise hope the map resets to 1940 ASAP.

Edited by tater

"Mission Waypoints are now shared across multiple Missions that have the same Target location"

Finally, Thank You.

• CORNERED RAT
On 5/29/2020 at 8:12 PM, jwilly said:

Maybe there'll be a surprise offset for each of the items you listed. @XOOM

The STG44 is in a release-able state helping us deliver on our Roadmap. No extra work has been done to it as of late, and our need for an animator to finish of the M1A1 Carbine and .30 Caliber remains an important priority I am trying to resolve.

The STG44 will be a Tier 3 weapon, available in limited fashion (very limited), and the FG42 will be withdrawn from the German Army units / available only for the Fallschirmjager. 

To be clear, there is no mass-produced Allied equivalent to the STG44, it was in its own league.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, XOOM said:

The STG44 will be a Tier 3 weapon, available in limited fashion (very limited), and the FG42 will be withdrawn from the German Army units / available only for the Fallschirmjager. 

There will be tears

• CORNERED RAT
Just now, Jsilec said:

There will be tears

This is the right, and appropriate time to make this adjustment. I don't think they'll be disappointed.

• Like 1

helping us deliver on our Roadmap

I think a triad of HEAT rifle grenades was on the Roadmap a few years ago, wasn't it?

Work was done in that direction. The French Brandt 50mm HEAT RG, and the Fallshirmjagers' unsuccessful 60mm HEAT RG first used on Crete, were both modeled. There are CRS renderings still around. 

Any chance that eventually those two weapons plus the working-fine-then-withdrawn British #68 HEAT RG could become a deliverable?

• CORNERED RAT
7 minutes ago, jwilly said:

I think a triad of HEAT rifle grenades was on the Roadmap a few years ago, wasn't it?

Work was done in that direction. The French Brandt 50mm HEAT RG, and the Fallshirmjagers' unsuccessful 60mm HEAT RG first used on Crete, were both modeled. There are CRS renderings still around. 

Any chance that eventually those two weapons plus the working-fine-then-withdrawn British #68 HEAT RG could become a deliverable?

Same scenario, animator required. We applied the other animator's efforts on the release of several of the new weapons which were deemed far more important than those RG's. That being said it's on the list of desirable things to do. Unfortunately, it has taken a lot longer than what we ever wanted. That's the nature of the beast, and why it is so important for us to choose the most important things and actively look to lift our resource capabilities up, as it enables us to buy the time for the talented folks who can do the job.

• Mission Waypoints are now shared across multiple Missions that have the same Target location

Xoom, this is probably one of the biggest boosts to the in game experience for non-HC mission leaders.  I heard you once say in game, that people need to make better use of waypoints, I listened, and I started using them only to discover in horror that only the people that had spawned my mission could see them.  As someone who drives from back towns to bring a fresh supply MS to a besieged town, this was always a big MISS as I couldn't see Rally Points as marked by others on missions that originated inside the town.  While there will be lots of bemoaning over the STG-44, I want you to know that the Waypoints will be supremely appreciated by a lot of people trying to hold the line.  

SO thank you !  

• Like 1

Having the DL not work is just idiotic.

So I launched game, it DLs, then doesn't work.

HINT: no one reads the crap in the launcher, EVER.

If the usual method of patching doesn't work—don't let the launcher do it.

&^$%#^%$#@!

OK, so who is allowed to use the "combat engineer?"

It was the only thing new I could try (we don't get any new guns, we're just targets), and I apparently am forbidden?

49 minutes ago, tater said:

OK, so who is allowed to use the "combat engineer?"

It was the only thing new I could try (we don't get any new guns, we're just targets), and I apparently am forbidden?

Not me (builder and major on the axis side)

1 minute ago, dietl said:

Not me (builder and major on the axis side)

I guess it is bugged?

• CORNERED RAT
22 hours ago, tater said:

Having the DL not work is just idiotic.

So I launched game, it DLs, then doesn't work.

HINT: no one reads the crap in the launcher, EVER.

If the usual method of patching doesn't work—don't let the launcher do it.

&^$%#^%$#@!

People do read the launcher, maybe not everyone. It's there for a reason, maybe time to start reading the headlines a little bit more.

The patching system is fixed as of this patch, when we did some heavy lifting with 64bit it caused some issues requiring a repair.

You good to go now?

5 hours ago, XOOM said:

People do read the launcher, maybe not everyone. It's there for a reason, maybe time to start reading the headlines a little bit more.

The patching system is fixed as of this patch, when we did some heavy lifting with 64bit it caused some issues requiring a repair.

You good to go now?

I got it to work, because I read the launcher only after it DLing the whole thing and it not working.

What is bizarre is that nothing is different on the Mac anyway. It DLs a file, which I then manually drag and replace, regardless. Why have it DL a full file that somehow doesn't work? Might as well put a few kb dummy file there that is a README to go to the DL site instead of it pulling a full, 2GB file.

No, I'm not gonna read it, I don't ask for directions, driving, either ;)

• CORNERED RAT

On 6/2/2020 at 3:57 PM, tater said:

No, I'm not gonna read it, I don't ask for directions, driving, either ;)

Yes but presumably you pay attention to the department of transportation signs? - Glad you got it resolved, patching going forward should be fine. The 64-bit architecture updates was the primary catalyst for that issue - sorry about that.

2 hours ago, XOOM said:

Yes but presumably you pay attention to the department of transportation signs? - Glad you got it resolved, patching going forward should be fine. The 64-bit architecture updates was the primary catalyst for that issue - sorry about that.

Not if they contain a suggested speed ;)