Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

1.36.5 Bugs

tyrdaimp

Current bugs / Issues found for Patch 1.36.5:

#1 Way point Spam / Visible from other missions, Way points too large, deleting all way points does not work, Disabling the option in preferences does not work or save.   (Remedy, set as tool tips to help new players, Set to the top of the screen, so its out of your face) 

#2 Unstable Ping, jumps between 60 - 500+, causing 30+ second delays in game.
#3 Mass placing of sandbags, and running along them causes your FPS to go from 120 down to 4 FPS, with a ping spike up to 1500.
#4 Trench building, a little too slow for building, Also the blocking points are too large, could have a player within a 30 foot circle of you and block you from building, including behind   (Solution, remove blocking radius)
#5 STG-44 When fired, you can see through the rifle's Bolt section.   STG-44 can fire through solid trench walls.
#6 Trenches prevent players from deploying LMG / ATR along walls and certain areas of the floor. Possibility to prevent players from undeploying said weapon.
#7 Crash to Desktop after despawn
#8 Hurricane kills
#9 Not all units are rendering (Increasing unit count in options does not work)
#10 Invisible Tracers / explosions from other units
#11 Audio Bugs from other units firing

#12 Barbed wire as a solid object stops bullets. But Axis are able to shoot through it?

#13 Axis Mortar Smoke Rounds cause a duplication glitch where it spawns about 500+ smoke bombs in 1 second. (Got this on video, thinking it was a hacker)

Currently all bugs and issues myself and others have experienced.

Feel free to add more or affirm certain bugs / issues you're also experiencing.

Edited by tyrdaimp
More found

In regards to waypoints:

Returning to an old town, that we took a bit ago, waypoints were still all over.

When an MS goes down, the MSPAWN waypoint doesn't seem to be removed.

Changing MLs and having MS, the 'MSPAWN' disappears (or never appeared), and ML can't even see on MS waypoint on map.

Because of the above, not seeing waypoint, the ML is unable to delete their own MS.

Smoke (I think) has massively dropped my FR. Never used to happen, went from over 100 to like 14.

The very biggest lag issue that I found is sandbags. There were about 12 sandbags set up to hop the farmhouse AB. it was like a ramp. Soon as you get on them, instant slideshow and I went from 103 ping to well over 5000. I ran across them many times. Major lag on top, soon as you are off, you are back to normal.

I don’t like the horizontal way points. They killed me a few times because I could not see an ATG or infantry through them. And yes for some reason 1/3 of my screen was flooded in red and blue In the direction the EI were running in, But they were everywhere Just real thick there.  Please make Smaller and mb at the very top of the screen like a compass. Just out of my LOS. Very frustrating. I love the idea, just in your LOS.

@stankyus Yeah that was me messing around to see if i can get a Sherman inside the Farmhouse AB.... i had the same issue too with boots over that... lmao

I was not near sandbags, myself. My FR is usually decent, but it drops to a slideshow with a bunch of smoke now.

1 Way point Spam / Visible from other missions, Way points too large, deleting all way points does not work, Disabling the option in preferences does not work or save.

Unstable Ping, jumps between 60 - 700+, causing 30+ second delays in game. (I having fiver 1GB up and won so speed is not the problem and you IP adress has PRIO 1)

Mass placing of sandbags, and running along them causes your FPS to go from 130 down to 4 FPS, with a ping spike up to 1500.

Trench building, a little too slow for building

Also the blocking points are too large, could have a player within a 30 foot circle of you and block you from building, including behind

Trenches prevent players from deploying LMG / ATR along walls and certain areas of the floor

Not all units are rendering (Increasing unit count in options does not work)

Audio Bugs from other units firing

7 minutes ago, axeinc said:

Trenches prevent players from deploying LMG / ATR along walls and certain areas of the floor

Yeah, this is a problem.

• Registered Users
9 hours ago, tyrdaimp said:

Current bugs / Issues found for Patch 1.36.5:

#1 Way point Spam / Visible from other missions, Way points too large, deleting all way points does not work, Disabling the option in preferences does not work or save.   (Remedy, set as tool tips to help new players, Set to the top of the screen, so its out of your face) 

#2 Unstable Ping, jumps between 60 - 500+, causing 30+ second delays in game.
#3 Mass placing of sandbags, and running along them causes your FPS to go from 120 down to 4 FPS, with a ping spike up to 1500.
#4 Trench building, a little too slow for building, Also the blocking points are too large, could have a player within a 30 foot circle of you and block you from building, including behind   (Solution, remove blocking radius)
#5 STG-44 When fired, you can see through the rifle's Bolt section.   STG-44 can fire through solid trench walls.
#6 Trenches prevent players from deploying LMG / ATR along walls and certain areas of the floor. Possibility to prevent players from undeploying said weapon.
#7 Crash to Desktop after despawn
#8 Hurricane kills
#9 Not all units are rendering (Increasing unit count in options does not work)
#10 Invisible Tracers / explosions from other units
#11 Audio Bugs from other units firing

#12 Barbed wire as a solid object stops bullets. But Axis are able to shoot through it?

#13 Axis Mortar Smoke Rounds cause a duplication glitch where it spawns about 500+ smoke bombs in 1 second. (Got this on video, thinking it was a hacker)

Currently all bugs and issues myself and others have experienced.

Feel free to add more or affirm certain bugs / issues you're also experiencing.

Just had a quick look at a few of these before work. I'll look more after.

2. Didn't notice any odd jumps in ping when playing on Monday night. But with the Internet snowed under as it is at the moment, that is certainly more than possible.

3. Can't replicate that, placed 30 sandbags, running all over them not seeing any FPS drop.

4. There are reasons that there is a blocking radius, but how big that is can certainly be looked at.

5. Yep, when the bolt is all the way back you can see through to the round ejection port on the right hand side. I don't believe that is a bug, just how the gun is. As for shooting through trench walls, I can't replicate that. I guess it could just be a certain trench section that you could, but I'll test that more tonight.

6. Trench floor issues (they are individual boards, and I think that causes the issue), these are already being looked at.

7. Was that with a combat engineer?  We've been unable to replicate that one so far.

8. Yep, that is only fixed for infantry kills. The issue with vehicles & guns still causing this only was found last Friday night and it was decided not to hold up the patch for that. Xoom was meant to mention that it wasn't 100% fixed.

9 & 10 I've not seen happen. But I have seen the odd report of it. Usually these things are due to connection issues between the player and the server, and given the bizarre pings you were seeing, that might explain why you were experiencing these.

11. Certainly seam to be happing more since the 64-bit version came out. We are looking into ways to replicate this so we can pass it onto the dev's to fix.

12. These have been altered, and in testing, I wasn't seeing issues with them blocking shots (apart rom the wood parts that should). But OldZeke will be better able to comment on this.

13. No matter how many smoke rounds I fire, I'm only seeing a single cloud per round.  Could this be related to an odd connection issue, ie you client is receiving many packets saying smoke started here instead of a single one? Not sure on that.

But thanks for reporting all this, we'll keep looking and testing things, and if we can find repeatable issues we'll pass them onto the devs to fix.

You're also able to place PPO inside tanks. Certain people knew about this before now and didn't say anything about it, instead they deployed it in the field VS Undercova blowing up his Stug.

We tested on training server and so far, tank trap, curved bags and old style FMS bunker will not clip inside a tank, however everything else does, including trenches. So it seems the clippable PPO feature includes vehicles in this. It's prime potential for widespread griefing, since I'm positive you can do it to friendly vehicles also.

Ontop of that I noticed they are seemingly indestructible which is very demotivating especially considering you can barely see the infantrys heads when they are shooting at you from inside the trench systems. What are you supposed to do to counter it? Because you can't smoke it.. you put a smoke anywhere near those new PPOs and everyones FPS takes a nose dive. Smoking enemy trench systems is guarenteed to lag everyones game, and at length, it may even crash the server, again, prime griefing potential.

The visible horizon waypoints markers are... to be honest. Terrible. They don't work as the theory behind it wanted them to work. All you have is a christmas tree of crap on your horizon which makes it feel like you're wearing glasses with two kaleidoscopes attached to each lense. The mission shared waypoints are also sketchy, at best. The idea behind the implementation makes perfect sense. But in practice its horrible. Seeing every CP marked 2 or 3 times [ignoring the fact that will also show up on your horizon too] is just too much tidbits of information to the point where its counter intuitive. 

Imagine 3 missions to an AO all have rally points for safe approaches into town. Yea.. Not to be rude, but I don't understand how this wasn't considered before implementation. But yet again, another thing that can be used and abused for griefing.

Imagine being a new player, you don't even know how to turn them off and your screen is spammed with multi coloured acronyms that you don't understand. Then you open the map and the waypoints are everywhere, and doubled up in many places so you can't even read text or click on facilities or the town icon because there are so many waypoints blocking you from doing so.

I'm just glad you can turn them off...

The only thing that I think is indisputably a good idea and that works in practice is the separation of the Engineer classes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mwhitman said:

9 & 10 I've not seen happen. But I have seen the odd report of it. Usually these things are due to connection issues between the player and the server, and given the bizarre pings you were seeing, that might explain why you were experiencing these.

I've definitely experienced invisible tracers. Getting hit, look around in commander, still hear the penetration dings and you can't even see the explosion animation or tracers, impossible to spot where you are getting hit from them.

Never seen invisible units though. You'd only be able to know that for sure if you could see tracers coming from an invisible source, and I've never seen that happen in this game ever. I think what might be causing that thought is being killed by an atg or something, looking in stats and it says a rifle killed you instead. People may then assume "well I never saw a rifle in my whole sortie, therefore he must have been invisible", but I could be wrong

Edited by saffroli

• Registered Users
3 minutes ago, saffroli said:

You're also able to place PPO inside tanks. Certain people knew about this before now and didn't say anything about it, instead they deployed it in the field VS Undercova blowing up his Stug.

We tested on training server and so far, tank trap, curved bags and old style FMS bunker will not clip inside a tank, however everything else does, including trenches. So it seems the clippable PPO feature includes vehicles in this. It's prime potential for widespread griefing, since I'm positive you can do it to friendly vehicles also.

Ontop of that I noticed they are seemingly indestructible which is very demotivating especially considering you can barely see the infantrys heads when they are shooting at you from inside the trench systems. What are you supposed to do to counter it? Because you can't smoke it.. you put a smoke anywhere near those new PPOs and everyones FPS takes a nose dive. Smoking enemy trench systems is guarenteed to lag everyones game, and at length, it may even crash the server, again, prime griefing potential.

The visible horizon waypoints markers are... to be honest. Terrible. They don't work as the theory behind it wanted them to work. All you have is a christmas tree of crap on your horizon which makes it feel like you're wearing glasses with two kaleidoscopes attached to each lense. The mission shared waypoints are also sketchy, at best. The idea behind the implementation makes perfect sense. But in practice its horrible. Seeing every CP marked 2 or 3 times [ignoring the fact that will also show up on your horizon too] is just too much tidbits of information to the point where its counter intuitive. 

Imagine 3 missions to an AO all have rally points for safe approaches into town. Yea.. Not to be rude, but I don't understand how this wasn't considered before implementation. But yet again, another thing that can be used and abused for griefing.

Imagine being a new player, you don't even know how to turn them off and your screen is spammed with multi coloured acronyms that you don't understand. Then you open the map and the waypoints are everywhere, and doubled up in many places so you can't even read text or click on facilities or the town icon because there are so many waypoints blocking you from doing so.

I'm just glad you can turn them off...

The only thing that I think is indisputably a good idea and that works in practice is the separation of the Engineer classes.

Looks like OldZeke found what the issue was with the PPO placent issue, so that should be sorted soon.

As for the waypoints, some very nice and useful tweaks to those are already almost ready for testing.

As for the smoke in trench issue, just can't replicate that at the moment no matter how many smoke rounds I put in them.   I guess it could be just one of them that is causing the issue, but I'll investigate more tonight after work.

Just now, mwhitman said:

Looks like OldZeke found what the issue was with the PPO placent issue, so that should be sorted soon.

As for the waypoints, some very nice and useful tweaks to those are already almost ready for testing.

As for the smoke in trench issue, just can't replicate that at the moment no matter how many smoke rounds I put in them.   I guess it could be just one of them that is causing the issue, but I'll investigate more tonight after work.

We all had a slideshow in Watten. 

It has to be in a populated area [i think] to have any negative frame rate effect. 

• Registered Users
23 minutes ago, saffroli said:

We all had a slideshow in Watten. 

It has to be in a populated area [i think] to have any negative frame rate effect. 

Think the most we had in testing was around 10 players in the trenches. But tonight I'll set a bunch up in Watten, spawn a load of accounts in and see if I can recreate it. Certainly, as smoke is a STO, and that code was altered when adding the STO bombs, it's possible some gremlin has crept in.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mwhitman said:

Think the most we had in testing was around 10 players in the trenches. But tonight I'll set a bunch up in Watten, spawn a load of accounts in and see if I can recreate it. Certainly, as smoke is a STO, and that code was altered when adding the STO bombs, it's possible some gremlin has crept in.

Cool, thanks a bunch for the efforts

14. Last night there were a few times I MSP spawned and there was no spawn object. Once it was in a trench system, so I assume the spawn object was supposed to be the little spawn bunker? Once I just appeared in a bush. The lack of said spawn object meant an exit was an MIA, and no resupply.

The FPS drop with the sandbags is highly likely to be caused by the collision code, the game isn't using low poly colliders, its testing for intersections with every triangle in the visible mesh and for the sandbags that in the 1000's it's doing that many times a second.

I did report that fact when I was on the volunteer team but it probably got lost in the sheer amount of work there is to do.

Edited by warspite

OK, so here's an update from tonight's testing.

What we did:

Built a whole lot of joined trench sections and sandbags at a FB. Spawned 18 infantry in and had them on & in the trenches, then threw masses of smoke grenades into the trenches.

Observations:

Building all the trenches & sandbags dropped my FPS from 60 to 58.

Spawning in the other 17 accounts dropped it from 58 to 26.

Then throwing all that smoke only dropped it another 2 FPS to 24. That didn't change even running through all the smoke in the trenches.

Our conclusion was its the number of infantry that hits your FPS the most. That includes live ones and corpses. If you go into your settings and turn the infantry detail slide and your FPS goes back up.

Building loads of sand bags doesn't appear to be effecting FPS at the moment, but I'm still building more of those, so I'll see if it gets to a tipping points.

If I find out anything more I'll update you. 

53 minutes ago, mwittmann said:

OK, so here's an update from tonight's testing.

What we did:

Built a whole lot of joined trench sections and sandbags at a FB. Spawned 18 infantry in and had them on & in the trenches, then threw masses of smoke grenades into the trenches.

Observations:

Building all the trenches & sandbags dropped my FPS from 60 to 58.

Spawning in the other 17 accounts dropped it from 58 to 26.

Then throwing all that smoke only dropped it another 2 FPS to 24. That didn't change even running through all the smoke in the trenches.

Our conclusion was its the number of infantry that hits your FPS the most. That includes live ones and corpses. If you go into your settings and turn the infantry detail slide and your FPS goes back up.

Building loads of sand bags doesn't appear to be effecting FPS at the moment, but I'm still building more of those, so I'll see if it gets to a tipping points.

If I find out anything more I'll update you. 

When your done the test was you in the internal network or outside for it is making big diffrence 

Was you using the games FPR or and external FPS program

• Registered Users
4 hours ago, axeinc said:

When your done the test was you in the internal network or outside for it is making big diffrence 

Was you using the games FPR or and external FPS program

All tests are done with us remotely connecting the a server in the Colo, just the same as you do on the live game. I'm playing from the East Coast of England, the others are in various location in the US & Canada.

So when we are testing we have exactly the same connection route to the server as we do when we are playing the live game, it's just connecting to a different server in the same location.

For the FPS, just using the in game readout as a rough guide.  On that you always get a  little fluctuation.

@mwhitman When I have time, ill send you videos of some of the issues , many of which are easily replicated.

Here is the smoke issue:

• Registered Users

@tyrdaimp  Not sure what that video is meant to be showing, the stutter you had when walking through the smoke, or are you saying throwing 1 smoke grenade is causing multiple to appear?

In last nights testing none of us were seeing a stutter running through the smoke, and we throw a LOT of smoke into those trenches.   If your saying throwing one grenade is causing multiple smoke to appear, none of us can get that to happen no matter how many we throw.

I would suggest we jump on the training sever and do a bit of testing together, but that's currently offline being set up sort this weekend event.

We can however test on the live map at a backline town. I'll be available from 7pm  onwards (6 1.2 hours from now)  if you want to meet and go through some of these things.