Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Joy Sticks

hellno

I'm struggling to format my joystick. I am trying to get the throttle to work on trucks, tanks, etc. when I try on the game it doesn't show up on the list.  logitect

Edited by hellno

15 hours ago, hellno said:

I'm struggling to format my joystick. I am trying to get the throttle to work on trucks, tanks, etc. when I try on the game it doesn't show up on the list.  logitect

Which logitech stick do you have? They make a few

On 7/30/2020 at 4:02 PM, hellno said:

In Windows, does your controller show up under Game Controllers?

If it does show up, make sure that it is set as the default controller.

In game, open the map and select CONTROLLERS, then select DETECT CONTROLLERS, once your controller has been read, select KEYMAPPER and map your joystick axes and buttons. 

I'm having a similar problem, also with an Extreme 3D Pro.  I've been using my joystick ingame for years, to drive vehicles and fly, but I haven't been ingame in several months.  Now, I find the game does not see my joystick.  I had the game "detect" it and confirmed my keymaps are all there.  When I calibrate the stick in Windows, everything works fine, but but nothing from the joystick is being seen by the game.  It's as if the stick doesn't exist.

Is there a fix for this?

EDIT:  Nevermind.  For some reason, it just started working again.  I had tried unplugging the stick and plugging it back in, before.  That hadn't worked.  However, this time it did.  All of a sudden, the game sees the stick again.  Very strange, but hey...computers.  :)

Thanks!

Irish

Edited by odonovan1

I'm wondering who invented the word "joystick". Were they having a laugh or was it mistranslated from another language?

• Registered Users
16 minutes ago, dijpa said:

I'm wondering who invented the word "joystick". Were they having a laugh or was it mistranslated from another language?

"Loraine is cited by the Oxford English Dictionary for using the term "joystick" in his diary in 1909 when he went to Pau to learn to fly at Bleriot's school"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joystick#:~:text=on the tail.-,Origins,French pilot Robert Esnault-Pelterie.&text=Loraine is cited by the,to fly at Bleriot's school.