Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Grob AA AI.

delems

• Registered Users

Learning is happening.

A lot of stuff was never documented. My best guess would be the ai was linked by bunker name. We changed the bunker from the farm type to the pentagon type. Different naming in the code. I'll have to pass this on to TR6AL so he can check if that is indeed what happened.

Grobb use to have an AA MG and AA 20mm, now there is none;  and allied AF 10km away?  Makes no sense.

Guess I'll go look at other towns that bunkers changed, see if their AI is missing.

Just checked most the other towns, seems none of their AA got messed up, just Grobb.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

oooo .... changing facility names might indeed have a severe impact on associated AI attached to the previous name of the facility. Need to run a check on 1. Is there AI named under the original hierarchy ? and 2. Is it still in the world ? 3. Does it still appear in the data tree as "under" that hierarchy after you renamed it ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just checked, one of the AI isn't even active?

Need to fix this -- need both AA AI up - and they need to be close to town - not next to allied ZOC.

On 8/17/2020 at 11:03 AM, OLDZEKE said:

Learning is happening.

A lot of stuff was never documented. My best guess would be the ai was linked by bunker name. We changed the bunker from the farm type to the pentagon type. Different naming in the code. I'll have to pass this on to TR6AL so he can check if that is indeed what happened.

ha ha, you gotta learn.

• Registered Users

There is  only one Medium AA ai in Grob on the airfield side of town .. Schilde has one small aa ai in the AB .

This is also not a bug.

Why is AAA in Grob an issue while Schilde isn't ? 

Have you checked all the other airfields to see if all towns 2 towns away from an airfield have AA Ai as well?

Changing an AB Bunker has no effect on AI , totally separate, just linked by the AB and town they belong to .

Sounds like the aa ai at grob is unliked by the allies. Grob and Diest always had  nasty aa ai guns but that would hurt bomber close air support. Much like the CE’s and snipers not being able to run for more than 15 seconds, but other inf can. Was a bug but, unable to fix it, they now call it a feature.

Grob use to have 2 AA,  medium and light.

Then bunker changed and we lost the light AA and the med AA went way West, into allied ZOC - terrible position for it.

Need the light AA back - and then both moved back into town area.

Edited by delems

• 7 months later...

Still missing the light AA AI.

Also, the med 20mm AA AI is too far to the W, useless positioned there.