Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Mac memory usage.

delems

This latest patch is showing it is using 3.14 GB of memory?

Previously it was 2.25 GB or so, what has changed in game to take up so much more memory?

Restarted, and now it is using 2.15 GB, will watch.

After spawning into a few towns, it is up to 2.63 GB now.

Been a bit longer, now up to 2.89 GB; something seems up, never seen memory usage go this high before.

No, had 64 bit before this patch too, never recall it taking so much memory.

I use to easily run 3 clients and 4 with pauses.  Now can barely run 3 with terrible performance.  Something is wrong I think.

Also, how come when game loads, it uses 2.15 GB, but by an hour later, almost 3 GB?  And over 3 GB in at least 1 case.

• Registered Users

From the readme.

- Multiple building textures have been updated with higher resolution textures

Higher res textures mean bigger file size. 

That could be it, but seems pretty amazing game memory went from 2.1x GB to 3.1x GB, seems very high - maybe correct.

Previously, game would load around 2.1x GB and stay that way always, maybe going to 2.24 if I recall.  Don't believe I ever saw it go over 2.25.

Now it loads at 2.1x GB, but goes to 3.1x GB.  It just seems excessive.

It's like as I move around map, it keeps adding 200mb of ram to its program size.

I'll try and and keep a watch on it, but it is very noticeable; game performance is not near as good for me as last version.

In fact, even trying to run 2 has noticeable impact :(; 3 is now basically out of the question sadly.

On the bright side, will be getting a new mac soon.

• Registered Users

Texture size went up on the buildings affected by, on average, 4x (size on disk). All use multiple textures plus a normal for each so even if the textures for a building are just interior/exterior/floor/roof, that is 8 textures each 4x larger than before for 1 building. 

• 2 weeks later...

With some testing, I think there is something wrong with mohave and the last patch.

Before patch, game was 2.25 gb, after patch 3.x gb.  (would start at 2.0 gb and grow to 3.1gb quickly as playing)

But, now with Catalina, game once again never goes over 2.25 gb.

Never mind, as I play more, memory up to 2.75 now.  Nothing wrong my guess.

And now 3.15, so all good.