Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Thrustmaster T.16000m and throttle not being detected

wowzers

Just installed the game after a year long break, trying to get back into flying but the game does not detect my joystick at all. Yes its in the windows devices, yes its set to default, ive done all of that several times with none of it working.

I had a similar problem but that was with the throttle, running the game as administrator fixed it for me though.

14 hours ago, hazziewaz said:

I had a similar problem but that was with the throttle, running the game as administrator fixed it for me though.

I will try this

6 hours ago, themouse said:

The ways they say to fix it are all the ways that ive done already, the game just doesnt like my thing for whatever reason.

Go to control panel , click device , you see all your control is there then click your joystick then you see game control setting , go to  t 16000m then click advanced and be sure it running on joystick so it can run all throttle and t -rudder ,, but if it only joystick   with switch handle n throttle  , just go properties , see everything working , after you done , when you log in game , there a  keymapper  or cant remember which one for read your controller , now you might got a old version  or driver ,, need update .

• 3 months later...

I'm having trouble steering vehicles with my thrustmaster 1600m everything else is fine acceleration braking , weapons controls all fine but no steering. However I have since found the same steering problem with mouse input or key input. Dunno if a windows 10 update has upset things or what.

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2020 at 10:00 PM, wowzers said:

The ways they say to fix it are all the ways that ive done already, the game just doesnt like my thing for whatever reason.

Just checking on whether you ever found a solution for this? I tried to return to flying yesterday with the same T.16000M and throttle setup I was using last year, just fine, and the game will not detect them. I've tried everything in this thread and more.  

• 6 months later...

I just started playing. Everything will map but the Throttle will not work nor map. I have verified it works on my computer (control panel) but not in game. It will not map it nor recognize it. Any suggestions? Any way to use throttle with the keyboard? Update: I connected my old joystick "Saiteck" and it works fine but would prefer to use my Thurstmaster

Edited by sokil

I only have the german version here, so I don't know the exact names for the menus, but: In windows "USB game controller setting" / "advanced" - did you try changing the "preferred device"?

This influences which controller is "controller 1" and "controller 2" etc. This might change after you switched USB ports or booted with one device not attached. And this might confuse your game...

there is one thing I've noticed over the years with thrustmeter joysticks is the software and drivers are very touchy, it may not be the problem, but its best to do anyway 

uninstall the drivers and software for stick  and unplug the joystick  download the latest drivers and software from Thrustmeter 

restart the pc, BUT DO NOT PLUG THE JOYSICK BACK IN

run the driver package...IT will tell you when to plugin the joystick. only do it after it has told  you to so. for some  reason if you don't do it that way  you can have problems with it being recognised in games.(it can also cause issues if you use the  thrustmeter software)

also if you use the actual  software  the  joystick name will change from...T1600  to thrustmeter combined when the software or script editor is running a config.  (often  you have to run it twice on startup   for it to work properly)  also if you run the joystick software after you started the game. You will have to  hit detect joysticks in the games GUI. 

But if you don't need the run the software because you're not running any scripts don't. just  use the in game key-mapper 

Edited by TheMouse

lol. I cannot even find the drivers. I looked at every line in the device manager. Saw keyboard and mouse but that is all. I did find a generic game controller but nothing specific to Thrustmaster. I would upload the picture I took of my device manager but apparently we cannot do that on the forums. When I test the controller on my computer, z rotation, slider, buttons it all works but when I go into game controllers in WWII Online and try to test the sensitivity of different buttons such as x and y axis or slider nothing works. Really want to fly which is why I returned to the game but without a throttle it is not possible. I don't want to use my old joystick as it is very old and jerky which is why I purchased a new one. Buying yet another one for this game would not make sense. 

Downloaded the drivers (thank you very much). Computer says and recognizes them fine. WWII does not. I can keymap every key except throttle. Plugged and unplugged joystick, restarted, old joystick still works fine. Revisited other sites and nothing I have done helps so far. 

Update: my joystick stopped being calibrated so I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. Again everything works except the throttle. The default says "Joystick 1 Z axis" but I don't seem to have one unless it is the throttle button that is not recognized. Still unable to do anything with the joystick sensitivity either although that is not a problem but just an FYI it does not work in game under "controllers". All the other buttons work. The throttle works in other games and under my PC controller. One other note. TheMouse said it " if you use the actual  software  the  joystick name will change from...T1600  to thrustmeter combined when the software or script editor is running a config." But it still says T1600. I never had an option to change anything. Also, I have no idea what "running script" is. Not that advanced. 

Edited by sokil

11 hours ago, sokil said:

Downloaded the drivers (thank you very much). Computer says and recognizes them fine. WWII does not. I can keymap every key except throttle. Plugged and unplugged joystick, restarted, old joystick still works fine. Revisited other sites and nothing I have done helps so far. 

Update: my joystick stopped being calibrated so I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. Again everything works except the throttle. The default says "Joystick 1 Z axis" but I don't seem to have one unless it is the throttle button that is not recognized. Still unable to do anything with the joystick sensitivity either although that is not a problem but just an FYI it does not work in game under "controllers". All the other buttons work. The throttle works in other games and under my PC controller. One other note. TheMouse said it " if you use the actual  software  the  joystick name will change from...T1600  to thrustmeter combined when the software or script editor is running a config." But it still says T1600. I never had an option to change anything. Also, I have no idea what "running script" is. Not that advanced. 

As thrustmeter makes various joysticks, rudders and pedals, if you run a configuration script (think of it as using something similar to the in game keymaper  but doing it with thrustmeter software)   on either their  TARGET script editor or the or TARGET GUI  the software  combines all of the equipment into one "virtual joystick" and calls it "combined joystick"  

the software and manuals can be found here Thrustmaster - Technical support website

the z axis should be  the rotation or twist on the stick

the throttle should be a slider axis 

Well, I did everything I can think of so I guess I will not fly which means 1/3 of the game doesn't work for me and 1/3 (navy) really is not active. 

Edited by sokil

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if you had a windows update when you started the rig again to play games in, or just had an update of windows. I assume you tried other USB inputs. Is there some kind of game control for joysticks?

• 2 weeks later...

It is updated and plays other games such without a problem. My old joystick works but I do not use it as it is too jerky. Thanks for the thoughtful help.