Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Side delay for HC.

delems

• 4 months later...

Does side delay really do anything?  Pretty sure it should just be removed.

No one changes the side they're going to log into?

Edited by delems

SD was never designed to change which side people played on, it's to slow the respawning rate. If it's annoying at the time of day you usually play, it is easily avoided by playing for the UP side.

***  it's to slow the respawning rate.

I'm not talking about SD.  I'm taking about side delay... again, do you even play this game?
It seems you know none of that terms or details about game.

And HC use to be exempt from side delay.

Edited by delems

What is with this "do you play the game" mantra? (Just this minute finished a couple of hours play at Charleville)

I was out of game for 3 or so years, returned a year ago or so, after playing 16 years more or less continuously. This means that there's 1 or 2 features which came in whilst I was away which I never read about the devving of, which once in a blue-moon I'll ask about. So what?

I now know DLC is "downloadable content", but have absolutely no idea why it's called that, as I have not knowingly downloaded any such content and yet I see units marked in game with DLC. I'd be obliged if anyone can give me a straight answer on that. 

Returning to the subject at hand, posting a reply to yourself every week when no-one else, of either side, seems to paying a blind bit of notice, let alone replying, should probably serve as bit of a clue that you're flogging a dead horse?

Edited by fidd
  • Haha 1

Because you claim to play this game, but know so little about it.

DLC is a steam pack that you buy - you download it and keep it for life; so you aren't just a rifleman forever.

They have different packs you can buy.  Is downloaded, alas, you have new content (troop type) to play as steam player.

Thankyou for the straight answer on DLC. It's weird as I've never knowingly bought a pack on Steam, and am able to spawn all sorts of stuff including the DLC. Hey ho.

I know we tend to be in opposition a lot, but that's not because I lack knowledge of the game, it's just because so many of your "ideas/remarks" fall into 1 of 2 categories:

1. Changes to make the game less irritating for Delems, regardless of why features were put in game.

2. Less than "side-neutral" ideas.

As evidenced by the complete lack of replies to your suggestion for 4 weeks, despite weekly posts by you to frame Side delay as a flaw or bug worthy of dev-time. Frankly, if you cannot deal with 15 seconds or so side-delay when you log in each day, well, you seriously think anyone else gives a flying fiddler's fart at this grievous waste of your time, merely because you're in HC?? 

*** cannot deal with 15 seconds or so side-delay when you log in each day

Again, it shows how much you play.  Don't even know the side delay or SD timers.

First, it's 55 seconds..... and second it is every time you log in and every time you crash and log back in.

And, it's bugged.

Allies op, and I get 55 seconds side delay logging in ?

Need to get rid of all this lousy side delay and spawn delay --- it doesn't work right.

Edited by delems

6 hours ago, delems said:

Again, it shows how much you play.  Don't even know the side delay or SD timers.

First, it's 55 seconds..... and second it is every time you log in and every time you crash and log back in.

And, it's bugged.

Need to get rid of all this lousy side delay and spawn delay --- it doesn't work right.

I have never once seen a 55 second side delay in my life. Mine is always, at the very most, 18 seconds, usually 15 seconds or less, (logging in 5 hours before peak-time, with occasional re-logging in during peak-time), if indeed it's there at all. If you're seeing 55 seconds that's odd to say the least. When is it that you're logging in normally? 

Edited by fidd

Side delay is initial spawn delay on logging in. You are talking about 2 different things fidd. SD (spawn delay after death) is maxed at 15 seconds this campaign.

Edited by goreblimey

9 hours ago, delems said:

And, it's bugged.

-I play daily, i see fidd in game all the time. Not only is your comment incorrect, its also in poor taste.

i think its redundant to have a side delay on initial log in, but its the same OP delay for both sides. You happen to play in a  zone in which you have a higher pop playing axis.

Edited by Kidd27

5 hours ago, goreblimey said:

Side delay is initial spawn delay on logging in. You are talking about 2 different things fidd. SD (spawn delay after death) is maxed at 15 seconds this campaign.

I understand that, I'm saying that the most severe side-delay I've ever seen is 18 seconds, and if it's there at all, is typically 15 seconds, and SD likewise max 15 or so. I have never once seen a 55 second side-delay, so if Delems is experiencing that, there's either something very odd going on, or, he's logging in at a time of day when the imbalance is far more severe, in his favour, than at 5 hours before peaktime to peaktime +3 hours, which is the band in which, these days, I usually play from the UK. Hence my question as to when he was logging in usually.

I've just logged, after a short play with allied OP, SD of 15 secs and side-delay of 18 seconds, as normal at the same time you posted above. No idea why you're seeing such high figures. It's obviously peculiar to you - or else my experience is unique. I wonder if side-delays were wound back from a higher figure in the past, and the change didn't stick for HC personel for some reason? The other possibility is that it's a difference between players who play via steam and others who don't? Which are you?

1 hour ago, delems said:

Just tried to log in allied side; side delay is 52 seconds.

Why are you trying to log in Allied? As GHC?

Might be leftovers from when you hopped on earlier today: the 1hr side lock counts even if you open and close the game...

50+ second side delay isn't all that common, but it's not necessarily rare, either. And I had 30 second side delay last time I logged on. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can we just remove side delay?  Does it really do any good but make players wait even more?

Getting tired of waiting all the time.

If you play the other side, you will not experience these long delays.

Which is the point, of course. The delay you experience is the price you pay as a player for logging in to an already stupidly imblanced game as the OP side. 

The solution is in your hands.